SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katia083

Design input needed to bring my kitchen into this century!

Katia
3 years ago

We are ready to update our kitchen and are looking for some design input before we make our final decisions. We do love the space and layout and the cabinetry is great custom quality that we are looking to salvage if possible. Our vision is white and bright and it has been about 10 years since we last redid a kitchen and I know some amazing products and styles have come into play since then that we have no idea about! We would not be doing the work ourselves and will hire out based on what we decide.

The photos attached are from when we moved in and to update - there are all stainless steel appliances, the room was painted a light grey, and the drapery is all gone replaced with simple white blinds.

Cabinet Color - We are considering all options, but are at the moment leaning towards laquer based on our initial research.

Cabinet Detail - Considering whether all cabinets should go to ceiling or not. Right now the cabinets are already very tall, where I cannot access the majority of them, so for a functional need, we don't quite need more storage space. We currently have lighting up top that we would like to keep, even if we decide to box in the very top with a window type cabinet, still showing the light. I have seen some nice staggering heights as well.

Island - While I don't mind the two tier island, I am convinced it has to go. It does create a nice separation from the stovetop down below and also allows for great serving, but I do look forward to the cleaner look of the one level island as well as the space it will provide across the island. I've considered other shapes of island but due to the shape of our kitchen, the placement of the adjacent patio doors, and the fact that we are not looking to change the floors just yet, lead me to keep the batwing island.

Countertops - Looking for recommendations on what would be best for a family that is rough in terms of chops and spills.

Thank you!!!

Comments (5)