SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ole_bendz

Desperately need help with my living room!!

Ole Bendz
3 years ago

I'm trying to work out what I can actually do with my living - I know it needs some more 'life' to it, but I want to make sure it keeps a homely and welcoming feeling. The problem is, it feels way too beige and the parts that have furniture or any decor feel too cluttered, and the parts that are empty feel way too bare.

So really, i have no idea what to do with my wall space, or the space where my sofa is, or the breakfast bar hole between the kitchen and living room.

a) Some ideas I had including adding a shelf above the TV, with a few vases and a leaning picture.

b) Replacing the basket with a shabby chic farmhouse chair (not sure on what colour).

c) We have a new Dining Table arriving tomorrow to replace the current small one we have. The new table is only a 1ft 1/2 longer, but overall nicer and a lot more can be done with it in design. My partner wants a white base, but medium oak-stained / weathered top.

d) Possibly replacing the TV stand with a cabinet or something? Again not sure. My partner and I are terrible when it comes to home design aha.

e) We also have some white curtains to replace those green/teal ones, as we've realised that green/teal is quite a cool colour, and we'd prefer warms aha.

Any help would be amazing!

This is the table that is arriving tomorrow :) Also picking up some farmhouse chairs on Sunday!

The videos here are a little 'gloomy' as it's night time and I've only got a few lights on.

Comments (24)