SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caityrose10

Desperately need help with our living room layout!

caityrose10
9 years ago

We've lived here for a few months now and our living room is driving me crazy! It's the place we spend the majority of our time, but it's honestly just starting to give me a headache. We are renters, so we can't do anything too permanent.

The fireplace is clearly the focal point of the room, and my first thought was to mount the TV over the fireplace. But, that's a little bit too permanent for us, so this is what we've come up with so far.

I'm planning to get an armchair and ottoman combo for the open corner with the two windows. The ottoman in front of the couch is going and we plan to get a coffee table. But it just doesn't feel right to me! The room is also awkward because of the two doorways side by side. I just need someone creative to help me come up with a solution!

I'm thinking a rug may help ground the room, but not sure of the size. If I got an 8x10 rug it would fit perfectly up to the TV stand and slightly under the couch, and would be just slightly longer than the couch, but the arm chair we plan to put in the corner would not be near the rug. Would that look okay, or would it be strange? I could splurge for a 9x12 rug, but am afraid that may be too big. And if we change the layout of the room, this might not even matter.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living