SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalie_n_walsh13

Help! We fail at picking out paint colors!

Natalie
3 years ago

We rushed to get our house painted before the appraisal (siding needed to be replaced and we had to pick a mutually agreed on ‘neutral’ with the current owners). Now we are stuck with this very timely Easter grey-blue (SW Mineral Deposit). We loved the color inside in artificial light but natural light leaves a little to be desired.
Any ideas on how to make this more appealing? We are thinking wood accents (wood door, wrapping the thin porch posts in wood, wood flower box under the smaller front window, eventually wood garage door). Ideas? Is there a wood color you like best?
Or do you think this is off base and we should go with a paint color to help de-Easter-fy our house? What color do you think would be best?

We bought the house knowing it needs work but it’s in a neighborhood/area (north end Boise) that will be worth the invested time/money.

Other projects we want to help make it feel like home:

1. The roof needs to be replaced soon. We will likely raise the pitch a bit (for storage, ceiling height, and esthetic). We’d love any ideas that will help with curb appeal.

2. Create a front porch. We want to remove the overgrown bushes and replace it with a front porch. Our front yard over looks the foot hills and we want to be able to take advantage of the view. I think the obvious front porch idea is just an L shape but I was hoping someone would have something a little more unique. We are replacing the roof at some point so we can definitely play with that. However, I don’t want to loose the natural light that comes in through that center window. Ideas?

Comments (5)