SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_399122907

1977 Kitchen Remodel - Please Comment

HU-399122907
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Everyone - I just discovered this forum and wow, it has such great information and folks are very generous with their input on everyone's questions and ideas.

We have a house with the original kitchen built in 1977. We've obtained one design plan, and may get a few more quotes/plans as we meet with possible contractors. I've attached the first proposed new plan - can some of you provide some feedback? The range top is currently on the wall to the right of the sink in the pictures, and I am somewhat hesitant to move the range to the proposed peninsula, however to put the fridge on the same wall and keep where the range is seems to be compressing the stuff on that wall. I also thought about putting the fridge to the left of the window, but there is not enough room. Finally, assuming we go with the range in the peninsula, I would ask that we have overhead venting as I have read a lot of folks saying the downdraft venting is ineffective.

Attached are the new plans, as well as some pictures of the current kitchen. Note that there is a wall behind where the fridge currently sits, and we were going to have it taken out so the kitchen is open to the family room. Thank you very much everyone!

Comments (20)