SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cinnamon_gedellglassbrenner

new siding for irregular roof and flat front house

We are baffled at what design our flat, 1970's home should have and what siding design would look good with our new siding project this spring. It's like a saltbox, but all positioned the wrong way with the entry. (Picture: Our home- Grey Home with Cedar Shake) (Picture: White House/Neighbors)

Our neighbors (White House with black windows) have the same irregular roof line and went all white, black windows, board & batten, with an industrial flat awning. We don't want to replicate their home. Plus, our interior is more transitional and not modern, like theirs. (Picture: White home)

We are (Grey House with Cedar Shake):

Taking down the pergola- adding a new front entry-simple gable with cedar interior and light. White square pillars, perhaps. There will be soffit lighting as well.

New Siding-most likely LP Smartsiding

I am trying (Grey House with Cedar Shake):

To figure out how to add some dimension to our home with the siding design. The new entry will help but is there anything else I can do to add dimension? I prefer a more traditional looking home. Not into the rustic, natural cedar hewn posts or anything. I like board & batten. Our side and back yard are mostly sandstone hardscape and I want it all to make sense.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated. The roof line is what i struggle with. It's an unusal style home and roofline.

Comments (5)