How do you wear your hair?

sal 60 Hanzlik

Mine is short with bangs and easy to take care of. How about you?

SaveComment47Like1
Comments (47)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amylou321

Mines past my shoulders. I get the roots touched up and the ends trimmed every 5 months or so. Mines easy to care for too. I wash it daily. If I am working, I blow dry it. If I am off, I let it air dry.

1 Like Save    
maifleur03

I allow it to do what it wants to do. Currently mid length just below my ears. In years past below my shoulders or only an inch or so long. One day when at the salon and we were the only ones there I mentioned a certain multiple cowlick at the crown. She started counting and stopped at 24 when another customer comes in. Each day if lays just a little differently.

1 Like Save    
aok27502

I just got mine cut this week, for the first time in a year. It's very curly, and had grown to almost the middle of my back. Now it just brushes my shoulders, and is quite bouncy. I'm still playing with it, but it's pretty much wash and go. With bangs.

1 Like Save    
whatsayyou18

Like this:

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Mine's too short for bangs.

13 Likes Save    
HU-753479426

I've lost my hair twice in the past ten years, to chemo and then to a rare blood disease. I have expensive wigs that I've never been comfortable wearing. One of the blessings of the Covid-sequester-from-life as an at-risk retiree is my hair has been left to do what it can do.

Surprisingly, I have a (thin) chin-length bob, maintained by my DH. I would never have had the patience to let my hair do it's slow thing without the virus.

Embrace yourself, ladies!!

seagrass

6 Likes Save    
HU-753479426

Elmer - I was rude to you in another thread. Please accept my apology.

Regarding bangs, I can't afford them because my hair is too thin for the sacrifice.

seagrass

Save    
cooper8828

In a ponytail most days.

1 Like Save    
terezosa / terriks

I had shorter hair for years, and I always had to fuss with it. Since I let it grow out - including bangs it is so much easier to deal with.

1 Like Save    
summersrhythm_z6a

I have long hair, to my chest. I wash mine every morning. It’s super easy to do.

1 Like Save    
Embothrium

Wherever it falls. In the shower or sink for instance.

2 Likes Save    
roxanna7

I cut my own hair (for the past 40+ years). I wash my own hair. I watch in chagrin as my formerly-thick and naturally curly hair has changed during the past five years or so, losing the natural frizz of my youth (hurrah!) but also thinning to the point that my former hairline in front has begun vanishing at an awful rate towards the top/back of my head. I despair. I feel so ugly, but am grateful for hats (all seasons) and the fact that, at my age, no one is looking at me anyway. LOL. I think.... =(

4 Likes Save    
Elizabeth

I have a longer one-length bob. My hair is a streaky white-grey-dark brown. Lightest in front and nearly black at my nape.

1 Like Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Seagrass, thanks for your kindness, no problem. As my childhood idol Chick Hearn (voice of the Lakers) used to say, No harm, no foul. If you're like me, comments can often be seat of the pants, spur of the moment, a quick reaction that with more thought or time to type might be different. No problem, I wasn't deeply offended and I don't remember it anyway. Plus, I think you're a California resident? One of my most favorite people!

3 Likes Save    
Lars

I'm wearing mine in a ponytail at the moment. While I can cut my own hair (and always do), I decided to let it grow during the pandemic, and then I will cut it two weeks after I have had my second vaccination. I like long hair anyway, and so I might change my mind.

2 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

I’m getting my hair cut this weekend. Shoulder length, but I may go shorter, like halfway up my neck.

2 Likes Save    
Debby

Like this. sorry it's so big... ;)

6 Likes Save    
lily316

Mine is a chin-length bob which I have had for at least 30 years. My formerly light brown hair is now grey streaked. It's naturally wavy /curly so I need to blow dry and iron for straightness. In the summer it's a problem with the humidity.

1 Like Save    
morz8

My hair is somewhat similar to whatsayyou's pic. A slightly layered bob, just below my jawline, bangs usually on the long side but I had a haircut last week.

My eyes aren't blue, I'm older, and my color isn't natural - or it would be showing chilly gray instead of warm blonde ;0)

1 Like Save    
OutsidePlaying

Hair is straight, one length about mid-jawline, semi-part on the left side, light to medium brown with lots of gray streaks in front and sides, not so much in back. My hair is fine and has always been thin, so I use texturizing product to keep it from looking flat. It’s easy to care for hair.

1 Like Save    
pekemom

It's fairly short with bangs...med. blond going grey, straight, fine and thinning. I wash it every few days, use a little tresemme gel with 4 curlers on top for volume.

I cut my own hair with a Wahl's clipper from Walmart and scissors.

1 Like Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

1/2" all the way around

2 Likes Save    
HU-753479426

Elmer - I live on outermost Cape Cod. About as far away from California as it gets, except for Maine.

seagrass

1 Like Save    
nickel_kg

Since covid (Feb 2020), I'm wearing mine as a grown-out pixie. The back is slightly longer than my shoulders now, the sides are chin length and the front is exactly in my eyes. My intent is to go back to a relaxed pixie after I get vaccinated, but don't know if I can stand it that much longer! Oh, my hair is medium brown, slightly wavy, and I have gray streaks on each side which I like because they remind me of how my mom's hair grayed.

1 Like Save    
HU-753479426

Nickel - I have bought travel-sized hair spray over the past nightmare year to help keep my hair out of my eyes as it's grown. I had not used hairspray since the late 60's!!

seagrass

1 Like Save    
Jeb zone5

Funny you should ask - just got my hair shorn yesterday! I have a full head of grey going white hair. My barber told me that I've got a nice head of hair! It has always been parted on the left side, I've been rocking this look since I was 12 yrs old!

A couple of my male friends that have lost most of their hair have said to me "huh, it looks like you've kept most of your hair" and my reply was "I didn't know we were having a competition!" Then I told them that they have it made being bald - they can roll out of bed and look put together - I look insane. If my head wasn't so lumpy I would shave it all off! Life would be easier.

Right now my hair is short - really short but it has always grown back... every time I get a hair cut.

Found this selfie of me - took it to see if I needed a haircut! I can see things about myself better in a photo than looking at myself in the mirror. Hair is funny stuff - on top of your head!

3 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

LOL seagrass, I'm wearing headbands and bobby pins for the first time since I was a little kid! I do not feel it is an attractive look for me, can't wait to get it cut.

1 Like Save    
sheilajoyce_gw

My hair is natural, and has not been cut in a year. So it is white and down my back. I don't like it, but I go nowhere these days. My hair dresser is a cancer survivor, and so she is not working till her doctor says she is safe to go. I don't want to go to someone I don't know during the quarantine. Right now, she is waiting to qualify for a vaccine. Maybe in another 2 or 3 months I can finally get it cut. I have not had hair this long since I had my first baby and started chopping it off to easy care length so I could hit the ground running each morning. Wish I could cut it myself, but I can't.

Save    
Lukki Irish

I usually wear my hair in a shoulder length layered bob w/bangs. It’s mostly straight but has some body to it. It’s still my natural color, light brown w/one blonde/gray mixed stripe over my left temple and bang. Over the last year, I’ve let it grow and now it lands in the middle of my back. Still have layers and bangs, but no more bob. I like it. It’s fairly thick so it takes a little longer to dry but the layers land with a little curl to them. I like that I’m able to pin it up or wear it down. Easy peasy.

1 Like Save    
Annegriet

I use to have a longer bob with bangs but now I have Marsha Brady hair--long straight--no bangs--parted in middle--pandemic hair--I don't like it--most days it's in a bun now--I look like Ma Ingalls haha.

3 Likes Save    
lgmd_gaz

These days, very short trying to keep the natural deep waves in check. As a child I had straight hair. At puberty it kinked up in frizzy tight curls. As a teen I hated it. Not to worry, pregnancy took all that frizzieness away, and I had straight hair again for a few years. It gradually turned into this mass of deep waves. Kept short it doesn't stick out in extreme disorganized directions.

1 Like Save    
HamiltonGardener

Lily,

Like you, my hair is curly/wavy that I blow dry and iron straight every day. One day at work, I got caught in a rainstorm and when I got back inside the office, one of my coworkers looked up at me and was shocked....They had no idea that my hair was curly naturally.

2 Likes Save    
hounds_x_two

Pixie cut for me! Finally getting it cut again. It needs a trim every 6 weeks, and it was a pathetic mess of thin, baby-fine threads after I waited nine months (COVID concerns, and my hairdresser retired) to get it cut.

1 Like Save    
adellabedella_usa

Lol! I had my hair cut March 11, 2020. I had my daughter cut it a couple of weeks ago. She just did a straight shot cut across the bottom. At least it looks ok if I curl it or wear it in a pony.

1 Like Save    
hallngarden

Still cutting my hair in pixie. Having so much fun , doubt if I ever go back to a salon. Started in February of 20. Had used same hairdresser for years. I send her a check every time I cut my hair. Know her business has struggled during this time. She is very grateful and I am having fun with my “do”

1 Like Save    
Lucille

Wearing a pull on wig when I go outside (to walk the dog, etc.) Easy, and looks better than my actual hair since I haven't been to the beauty shop in a year now.

1 Like Save    
maifleur03

With the warmer temperatures I am once again toying with the idea of using an old set of clippers to cut my hair really short. I have wanted to have it done for years. I had a friend who took chemo and although she could not see it the change brought out her natural beauty where her carefully cut and colored hair had never done. While I do not expect it to make me appear as nice as she was I have been curious as to what the actual shape of my skull is. So far have been talked out of it by the people who have cut my hair. I think once I go to the dentist, first since this time last year, mid month I may just do it.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I'm a pixie, leaving it a little longer on top.

1 Like Save    
bragu_DSM 5

I'm wearing mine in a ponytail ... I decided to let it grow during the pandemic.

Having a contest with my 12 yo grandson. Mine is shoulder length gray, his is shoulder length blond.

1 Like Save    
sloedjinn

In theory it’s supposed to be a long, curly shag, with curly bangs, inspired by the 70s kind of look.

in practice, it’s a quick ‘messy bun and done’.

1 Like Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

At present I’m rocking the bird’s nest look.

3 Likes Save    
liira55

My hair is long and down to about mid back. It’s natural curly. I normally wear it up in a clip.

3 Likes Save    
fran1523

My hair is about ear length and all one length. I let it air dry until damp and then blow it dry and use a curling brush on the ends I've been coloring it blonde since I was in my 30's and have it done every 5 weeks. I figure I spend about $20 a week on my hair. During the early part of Covid I went about 5 months with no hair maintenance but have been able to go ever since. They only allow three customers in the shop at one time and you have to wait I your car till you're called.

1 Like Save    
Cherryfizz

Usually my hair is cut just below my chin line, the cut in this picture is longer, parted on the left side. For years my hair cut was asymmetrical, cut longer on one side. Last time I had my hair cut was last year a few days before the pandemic. Now my hair is so long, almost to the middle of my back.

1 Like Save    
mojomom

Longer than it has been in a long time.

2 Likes Save    
MiMi

Short bob stacked in the back and pink

6 Likes Save    
arkansas girl

These days, it's in a ponytail all the time. It is long so that I can pull it up into a ponytail. I always wear bangs because I hate the way I look without them! It is natural without any color on it, in the front it is white and in the back it is blond. It actually looks like I've had it frosted in front. Mostly I wear it up because I'm blowing and going all day and cannot stand for my hair to be in my face and also my hair is weird with some of it straight, some wavy, some curly and some of it is frizzy/kinky. If I wear it down, I have to spend a lot of time styling it and I'm too lazy...HEEHEE!

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Color Decorate With Intention: Picking Colors That Flatter
If room colors based on your skin and hair tones could speak, they'd say, 'You look gorgeous'
Full Story
Pets Dealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story
Our goal is to make a better and more pleasant atmosphere in the most functional parts of the home so our clients... Read More
For over 30 years we have been honored to be the first choice for backyard courts, greens, gymnasium flooring &... Read More