How often do you wash your hair? How about never?
17 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (54)
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
Related Discussions
How often do you clean your tea kettles and do they mildew?
Comments (7)I don't have a tea kettle but I would assume that if you had a tea kettle with just a little bit of water sitting on the stove when not in use, bacteria, dust and other items present in the air will fall in the kettle and can create a slime factory over time if not cleaned. I personally use an electric tea kettle (British upbringing) and now graduated to a Japanese Airpot. I love my airpot. When I used an electric kettle, I never left water in it and washed it out weekly. I have filtered water and never had a problem with the tea kettles. I clean my airpot out weekly when I have no water left in it. Good luck!...See MoreHow often do you use varied wash cycles?
Comments (8)Excellent question. With my old Frigidaire Gallery FL which finally bit the dust two weeks ago, it was very rare I used anything except the "normal" (cotton) cycle; jackets usually were washed on "delicate". The vast majority of my clothes are cotton, anyway... But now that I have a Miele W4842 with beaucoup choices, I strongly suspect I will use them fairly consistently to match the wash loads. I normally cringe at even the thought of allowing the machine to micromanage various wash loads, but the Miele is unquestionably well-programmed as my observations told me. I often think that one's usage of other wash cycles is rather dependent on how well the other cycles match the user's expectations. But that's just my opinion....See MoreSlightly OT: How often do you wash sheets?
Comments (82)I'm an infrequent visitor to this board after my project was mostly completed over a year ago, but I do love lurking and looking at pics of gorgeous homes, etc. Anyway, this was a very interesting read with my morning tea. I had no idea! My sheets are washed weekly (though the exact day may vary). They are washed and immediately go back on the bed (king-size--HATE to fold). I wash the mattress pad when I think of it (it's so thick, it has to go to a laundromat, so it's not often) and the duvet cover gets washed 2x year. Luckily our ancient kitty no longer chooses to sleep with us (the bed it too high up for her--she's 20). My mom (very "old-school"--born 1919) would never have washed any more often and was sometimes known to switch the sheets around from top to bottom. She rarely washed blankets and never (that I know of) washed quilts--she aired them out. All of us kids survived quite healthfully. My MIL was worse about cleanliness (and even I cringe) and none of her children were ever sick or had allergies, etc. I think that keeping things overly clean is a detriment to our immune system. Humans spent many more years barely bathing, etc., and only in the last half-century has regular washing of any kind been less of a chore. Maybe ignorance IS bliss? When I was a kid, I'd never heard of dust mites, so I didn't fear them. Oh, and I laughed about the towel on the bed thing, Sherrmann.....I've been known to grab one too, especially when the sheets are fresh clean! Now if I had a live-in maid? Oh, how lovely to have fresh bedding each night......but it ain't ever gonna happen with me having to do it :-) I bet those of you that change your bedding so often also use clean towels each time you bathe?...See MoreHow often do you wash your sheets?
Comments (22)There used to be a poster on here who had her sheets laundered, ironed and changed every DAY! By her maid. In South Africa. Mine get done when I remember....See More- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
Related Stories

MOST POPULARSo You Say: 30 Design Mistakes You Should Never Make
Drop the paint can, step away from the brick and read this remodeling advice from people who’ve been there
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESExpert Talk: Designers Open Up About Closet Doors
Closet doors are often an afterthought, but these pros show how they can enrich a home's interior design
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your First Kitchen
Great or godforsaken? Ragtag or refined? We want to hear about your younger self’s cooking space
Full Story
HEALTHY HOMEWhat You Need to Know About Dust and How to Fight It
Breathe easier with these 10 tips for busting mites, dander and other microscopic undesirables
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: What Has Mom Taught You About Making a Home?
Whether your mother taught you to cook and clean or how to order takeout and let messes be, we'd like to hear about it
Full Story
FURNITUREHow to Buy a Quality Sofa That Will Last
Learn about foam versus feathers, seat depth, springs, fabric and more for a couch that will work for years to come
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREThe Truth About 'Simple' Modern Details
They may look less costly and easier to create, but modern reveals, slab doors and more require an exacting hand
Full Story
PAINTINGWhat to Know About Milk Paint and Chalk Paint — and How to Use Them
Learn the pros, cons, cost and more for these two easy-to-use paints that are great for giving furniture a vintage look
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHouzz Tour: Much to Like About This Traditional Beauty
New elements mix well with old in a New Jersey family’s elegant and comfortable colonial revival home
Full Story
marilyn_c