I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Th 3/4/21

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago

This week, let's look at some specific locations:

Th - Mountain

Fr - Lake or other

So today, show me mountains.

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (30)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Prince William Sound, Alaska

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    3 years ago

Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    3 years ago

Long view of Mt. Etna. It was quiet when we were there.

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

The Allegheny Mts.

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

The white peak is Mt. Washington in NH.

• User
    3 years ago

Hudson Bay Mountain, Smithers, British Columbia

• jrb451
    3 years ago

Hurricane Ridge, Olympic National Park, looking back from Victoria, BC

• nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Snowy Range scenic byway in southeast Wyoming, in August 2017. Much of the road is at 10,000 feet above sea level and at those heights I could feel the lack of oxygen, but there were several hikers way up on top. Wow!

• nicole___
    3 years ago

Looking across from Paradise Divide Colorado.

• tvq1
    3 years ago

Mountains near the ancient village of Chaundixia, China. Chaundixia Village dates back to the Ming and Qing dynasty.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

“Have no idea” mountain 😊

• kathy_t
    3 years ago

Mt. Ranier from Blake Island, just off Seattle.

• Ded tired
    3 years ago

Riederalp, Swiss Alps

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

A home overlooking the Allegheny River on a ridge in the Allegheny Mountains.

• Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

Looking down ...Mount Nittany, Centre Co, PA.

• tvq1
    3 years ago

Alpenglow on the Chugach Mountain Range, Anchorage. Taken out the back door of my best friends house.

• Lars
    3 years ago

Side of Mt San Jacinto, seen from Tram

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

I don't know the name of the mountain, but I took this picture on an overlook trail in Juneau, Alaska.

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

San Jacinto mountains taken from an airplane window.

San Jacinto mountains taken from Newport Bay.

• Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

What a stunningly beautiful photo, Fun2BHere, a very clear winter day for that view that captures the snow covered mountains with palm trees in the foreground. That's a scene I've seen myself a number of times, it's breathtaking. But I've always thought that view was of the San Gabriel Mountains? Maybe I'm thinking of the view in a more northerly direction.

• Lars
    3 years ago

Those are the San Gabriel Mountains. Here's the view I have of them from my front yard in Los Angeles:

Here's the view I have from the street in front of my house in Cathedral City, of Mount San Jacinto:

• Kathsgrdn
    3 years ago

This was hard to pick so I'll post two:

Nikko Japan a couple years ago.
    This one my daughter took with my phone camera somewhere near Big Stone Gap VA a few years ago.

• tvq1
    3 years ago

Pretty picture murraysmom! That's Mendenhall Glacier in the Coast Mountain Range of Alaska. I don't know the name of that mountain. And now I'm homesick, sigh.....

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

Thanks, Elmer and Lars, for the correction. I should have fact checked myself, darn it. Can you tell that I'm not a native and I've only lived here 40 years in ignorance?

ETA: After more research, I think the picture from the water to the mountains might be the Santa Ana Mountains. The first picture from the plane is definitely the San Jacinto mountains as it was taken just as we were flying over Palm Springs.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

On a hike in Glacier NP. We could just stare at the mountains in the park for hours.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

Snow-capped Lions mountains in the distance in North Vancouver BC

• Lars
    3 years ago

Fun2BHere, if the mountains you photographed with Palm Springs in the photo are north of Palm Springs, then they are most likely the San Bernardino Mountains. The San Jacinto Mountains are right next to Palm Springs, to the southwest and cast shadows over the city in the late afternoon.

You are probably right about the Santa Ana Mountains, but it is very rare for them to have snow, since they are much lower in elevation than the San Gabriel Mountains. I'm not that familiar with Orange County, however. But the San Gabriel Mountains are probably too far from Newport Beach for that view.

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

Lars, the mountains were west of Palm Springs. I was flying east to west into SNA.

• bragu_DSM 5
    3 years ago

• Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

I can't say for sure, Fun, it depends on the direction the camera was pointing but you may be right, the Santa Anas. I've seen some winter days in the area where the long distance views were shockingly clear and not too far to see the San Gabriels. I'd not considered the smaller Santa Ana range because of the much greater likelihood of snow on the SGs but maybe so. The Santa Ana mtns would block the view from Newport Beach of the mountains near Palm Springs. A lovely scene and photo all the same.