SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joe_mirza

Evaluating my seedling issues and setup

Joe Mirza
3 years ago

Hey there....My tomato seedlings germinated very well and have taken off, but over the last week they don't look quite as healthy and I'm wondering if there might be a problem with my setup. One issue I'm curious about is if my grow lights are too close. I've included photos of the seedlings and the setup. A few other things:

• The seeds are primarily watered through a capillary mat they're sitting on. Just pour water into the bottom and the mat seems to magically wick it up under the plants. The soil is usually lightly damp but not soggy. It was a 50/50 mix of seed starter mix and potting soil.
  • The last photo reflects a change to my setup. Those clear pieces are stackable. Up until 3 days ago, the light was 4" closer to the seedling tops. (About 2" above the tallest ones.) I was worried the light was too intense and added the next layer. They're about 6" away from the lights now.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated! Also, is it too early to give them some diluted fertilizer?

-Joe

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting