SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Reality bytes.... (Decor function vs. form)

User
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Some may remember when I agonized over which throw pillows to "artfully" arrange on our sofa, and I bought a couple of rather nice cowhide pillow covers to complement the Ralph Lauren paisleys. Well ... that worked well to look at, but the cowhide are stiff and not all that comfy, even with down inserts. What was a much more structured look has now devolved into this, with only my squishiest pillows in place, a faux fur throw, and a quilt tucked around the leather cushions, simply because it amplifies the cushy factor. This is now like a floating bed in between the living and dining areas, and I find I no longer care about what it looks. It just has to feel nice and provide the comfort I crave.I have also sought to decorate the coffee table from time to time with various items, but tossing the remotes into this bowl and calling it good is now done and dusted, as far as I'm concerned.Oh, and instead of a side table next to the sofa, there's a cat tree/scratching post. Because... cats.Have you traded function for form? I seem to be doing this more and more since we've been more or less housebound during the pandemic. It's like I need my house to deliver comfort and embrace me like a hug, meeting our real needs, more than looking a certain way. And I'm OK with that.Care to share photos of your "reality"?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH