SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_jason

Downdraft vent dilemma

Vanessa
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all,

I am finishing up a kitchen design and about to put my money on the table. I was planning on putting a double oven gas range using a downdraft vent in my island (gas is a must). I went to the appliance store today, and he said that I could only do that with a dual fuel range, then proceeded to show me some JennAir dual fuel downdraft range as being my only option- but the downdraft is smack dab in the middle of the stove and I feel like this is just a bad design. I should also mention, as much as I'd love a hood vent, that's not a viable option.

Of course, the salesman can't really sell me anything that he can't offer at Yale, so I'm turning to Houzz! I've heard of the Cattura downdraft by Best- but I'm uncertain of its capabilities. It seems to read that it can serve as a downdraft for ANY type of stove (range, cooktop, rangetop, dual fuel or not). Am I reading this wrong? Can anyone enlighten me- do you have a Cattura downdraft and if so what do you use it with?

This feels too good to be true, so if the Cattura is limited with what it can be used for, do I have any other options? Or are my options simply the crappy JennAir, or a gas cooktop?

Tell me all the things! Thanks all!

Comments (25)