SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_548984460

HELP! I've scrolled through #homedecor posts for 60 days straight

E M
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We recently bought our first apartment and I've hit a wall when it comes to decor and layout. I spend way too much time looking through instagram hashtags, filling carts on websites and abandoning them, wandering aimlessly through stores with a tape measure, just to be paralyzed by indecision!

Any colour, aesthetic or decor and furniture ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

1. the living space

- planning on replacing the 'beloved' bean bag chair with an accent chair but stuck on colou

- large space behind sofa originally designed for dining table but we always eat in the kitchen at the island so don't want to crowd the space / will be useless

- could potentially move sectional along window and put chair where chaise was but still empty space / would have awkward spacing where the 2 white shelves are

- add plant + sideboard/cabinet + mirror??

- replace hanging light / black lamp

2. the bedroom

- the original owners replaced the floors with this bland yellow beige grey white laminate to go with the previous dull brown wallcolour (I painted last weekend) - now it seems like theres so much space and nothing to match to it

- the room is small (10x10) but feels empty

- i don't want a headboard or lower bed frame (need the storage) but i'm looking at the larger european pillows + wall art (posters.com, etsy, ikea?)

- also before you ask, i cannot get rid of the side table... it was a compromise with my partner and yes it has a mini refrigerator built in it.

Comments (5)