SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allie_christy35

What would be the best use of space for this new kitchen space?

Allie Christy
3 years ago

We are getting ready to remodel, and I could really use all of your help! We have to stay within the red box. We are removing a really weird full bathroom (see the light pencil lines) to make room for the new kitchen and an open floor plan. The ceiling is cathedral and peaks in the middle of the room with the tv on the south wall being centered on the peak. I don’t know the degree of the pitch.

There are currently no windows in the space that will house the future kitchen, but windows could be placed on the east wall. There are also no constraints for plumbing or electric. We are totally open to doing whatever we need to have the absolute best use for the space.

On the north side of the room, the bolder line is there, because the squares to the south of it are only 7”, not a full foot. Every other square represents one square foot.

I allowed an additional 3’ to the west side of the original exterior wall on the north side of the room that bumps out to the south to use, if needed. It is not a 3’x3’ square though. Remember, the depth is only 2’7” of the original exterior wall that bumps out to the south. It cannot go further to the north to allow it to be a perfect 3’x3’ square because the stairs that run to the basement.

We would like to see an island in the space (at least 4’x8’). We would also like to have a big beautiful hood above the oven on the wall, centered on the island to make a dramatic statement. We are planning to just have the cooktop with drawers below and a double stack oven in a separate spot in the kitchen. We are totally open to a walk-in corner pantry (at least 4’x4’) to double as a small utility closet. I understand that most people think they are a waste of space, but we have more space than we need to work with here.

Please share your ideas!!!!

Comments (3)