SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merrylawn

ATTENTION: Current ILVE range owners!!!

Merrylawn
3 years ago

Doing a full kitchen remodel. Was deciding between Wolf 36" DF or GE Cafe' 36" DF- propane conversion- No natural gas in my area. Was leaning towards the GE mainly because of the savings (about $3,000) and the chipping of the blue interior of the Wolf. BTW- no sales people will admit to this!

Came across the ILVE ranges a few days ago and FELL IN LOVE!!

I have been reading A LOT of reviews and they seem to be all over the place. And the bad reviews are REALLY bad!

I should mention that I live in a pretty rural area and service on a specialty range could potentially be a nightmare.

My main question is... have any of you ILVE owners who are handy been able to order (and get) parts for your range and DIY? They seem pretty easy to take apart. Would DIY void any warrantees?

Also, the two models I've been looking at are the Majestic and the Nostalgie. I know the few differences are the digital controls, self clean, coated burners and probe. Not to mention the thousands more for the Majestic. The Majestic also seems to be hand-made and about 200lbs heavier. Anyone who purchased this brand had a hard time deciding between the two? If I take a leap of faith, I thought it might be wiser to go with the Nostalgie because it's manual, not digital like the Majestic, therefore easier to fix?? I also thought if I by chance I have terrible issues like some, I'd have an easier time eating $3500-4,000 than the almost $7,000 or more for the Majestic. Is that even rational? Lol.

Tell me your experiences/opinions!

Thank you in advance!

Comments (13)