SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
philippe_stewart

Fridge/Freezer/Wine Fridge dilemma

Philippe Stewart
3 years ago

Ok, we are redoing the kitchen and we've designed for a 30" Freezer column, a 30" Fridge Column and an 18" Wine Fridge column all next to one another with a total of about 84" to play with.

The wife has decided she wants the JennAir Fridge/freezer units but they do not make a wine column so we'd have to go to a different brand (maybe SKS or Thermador)

The question is how do we contend with the two different brands side-by side. My thoughts are the following:

1- deal with it, they look slightly different but who cares (I think this is wrong)

2- put cabinet panels on all 3 and matching handles then nobody ever knows (I don't really like the look of all panels on this arrangement.

3-put the fridge freezer in SS in a handle-to-handle layout then 2" spacer then the wine column with a cabinet panel on that one.

I think 3 is the only "real solution" but I'm still worried it would look kinda weird. I've searched through the pictures and I never see that arrangement depicted --- my wife said "that doesn't mean it's a bad idea" but I definitely feel it's good enough reason to have serious doubt.

So, what are your thoughts? Good? Bad? Strange?

Comments (2)