SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silveretta

Miele W1 Rinsing Issues

Hi everyone,

I am having major rinsing issues with my new Miele W1 and I hope someone can help. A week ago I replaced a full size Whirlpool Duet washer with a dying drain pump with a Miele W1 with TwinDos. Since then I have been having terrible problems with suds, attributable to two things:

1) All of my laundry apparently has detergent residue on it due to three months of poor draining in the Duet.

2) The first two loads I did with my Miele, using TwinDos, resulted in massive overdosing with the Ultraphase detergent. I followed the TwinDos setup directions in the manual to a T, setting the dosage for soft water, but it was still way, way too much detergent.

So basically, I have been running rinse cycle after rinse cycle, running cycles without detergent, some with vinegar, some without, and running Sanitary cycles every day to get the excess suds out of the washer itself. At times I have resorted to rinsing things by hand in the sink. It's bad, and I'm not getting anywhere with it. Unfortunately I still have to run a TwinDos cycle once a day because it keeps prompting me. I have reduced the Ultraphase 1 & 2 dosages to 1 ml and have set the machine default to low soil to try to avoid adding to the problem. I also have the rinse water set at the highest level.

I know water softness factors in, but I don't know what mine is. The test strip that came with my Miele indicated that the water is soft. My local water authority says it is 2 GPG. A plumber who tested my water last year said it was 14 GPG, and two different tests I bought online measured it at 4 GPG and 9 GPG. I do have an issue with buildup in my pipes and fixtures, which points to it being at least moderately hard, but I don't know how much.

Also, I've had a Miele washer before, so I know they use less water and require less detergent than a full size washer. I had a W3035 that I loved and had no problems with, but I left it when I sold my condo.

Is there anything else I can do? This stinks and I am pulling my hair out over here. Thank you.

Comments (31)