SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathryn_serio51

Paint for Semi Open Kitchen/Family Room - High Ceilings and Windows

Kathryn Serio
3 years ago

Hi Everyone. I just moved into a new house and am trying to figure out how to paint our semi open concept kitchen/family room area. We have high ceilings in the family room and a ton of large windows, as well as a second staircase leading upstairs. I love grey tones, but need t make sure there is flow with our hardwood floors and light-ish cherry cabinets in the kitchen. We already swapped out the silver hardware for black hardware in the kitchen, which helped.

I am going to be getting a "golden retriever" colored couch (Beckham sectional from Bassett) eventually and also want the family room colors to lean gray and play off of the stone fireplace we have. I am open to ideas with accent walls, bolder in the kitchen, etc.

Top colors / families I have been looking at are grey/greige, gray/blues (keeping it warm gray), gray/green for kitchen, etc. I have been doing a ton of research but have hit the point of exhaustion!

Here are some pictures below. Would love any and all advice and ideas! Thank you in advance.

Daytime

Comment (1)