Watching "Ozark" on Netflix

Kathsgrdn

didn't think I'd like it at first, lot of violence in the beginning but stuck with it and am now addicted. I have been basically stuck in my room, trying to avoid the rest of the household for a week now. I got tired of watching U-tube videos and reading the news.

Before that I watched the series on the Night Stalker and the Ripper in England (can't remember the name of the shows exactly).

What are you watching? Anything good?

SaveComment21Like2
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicole___

Last night we streamed "Law Abiding Citizen". It was OK. I also rented, from the library, 5 seasons of Schitts Creek. Going to watch "Lucy", with Scarlett Johanasson. It looks pretty out-there. ☺

1 Like Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Uptown Gal

Last night I watched another episode of the new "All Creatures Great and Small" on PBS. Sad one and not sure I can keep watching. I read the

book years ago, but reading was easier than actual viewing it. It is extremely

well done, IMHO, and the Countryside is absolutely beautiful. Just hard

to watch some of the happenings with the animals. Also saw "Scarlett

and the Duke"....woman Private Detective and a Police Captain start out

bickering, but getting a bit closer. :)

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
lily316

I loved Ozark. Watched it last year but still Schitts Creek is my favorite. I'm beginning to watch it again and still laugh. I watched Night Stalker too last week.

amylou321

I just signed up for Netflix a few days ago. Mainly for SO. He discovered Ozark on the first day we had it and he is addicted to it. Not my cup of tea at ALL. Luckily we have 2 tvs. We both enjoy certain stand up comedians and we watched a Katt Williams special that we had not seen before that was funny, but not as funny as some of his others.

He is in the bedroom watching more Ozark. I am in the living room watching Nigella Christmas Kitchen on YouTube. I might switch over to Paternity Court in a while. Makes me feel a lot better about my own life choices to watch some foolishness every now and then......

Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
jupidupi

We've been watching Mad Men and also The Prisoner -- on kind of a 1960s kick.

lily316

Is Mad Men on Netflix? I watched it back in the day and it was my favorite show. I'd watch again.

Kathsgrdn

I did watch a few episodes of Schitt's Creek but haven't gone back to it.

Save    
Alisande

I'm still watching The Americans--on the last season now. I'll be sorry to see it end. Last night I started watching the movie Knives Out. Interesting cast (Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christopher Plummer, Toni Collette) and good reviews, but after a half-hour I started losing interest. I'll go back to it and see what happens.

I want to see My Octopus Teacher. I've been told by several people that this documentary is wonderful.

terilyn

Santa Clarita Diet, Grace and Frankie, Orange is the New Black.

maire_cate

Alisande - My Octopus Teacher is simply wonderful and unlike any nature documentary that I've ever watched. It's beautifully filmed, incredibly moving and heartwarming without being saccharine. The diver and filmmaker, Craig Foster narrates the film with a low key, soothing voice that I found remarkable for it's calming effect. It was almost meditative.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada

Me & SO just finished binging on 'Yellowstone' staring Kevin Cosner. I was surprised how much we both loved it as we normally have quite different tastes.

bpath

My Octopus Teacher is simply wonderful.

During my quarantine I binged in The Marvelous Mrs Maisel since DH wouldn’t watch it with me. Together we enjoyed Forever, and are now watching Call My Agent (Ten Percent in France). A frothy French series about a talent agency, subplot is that the daughter of one of the principals snags a job at the agency but no one is suppose to know their relationship. I don’t know my French actors, but supposedly actual known French actors play themselves? We are enjoying it.

nicole___

We streamed "Millionaire" last night. Remember when 16 lunch ladies won the lottery? It follows what they did with the money and how their lives have changed....or not changed because of the 5 million each one received. I found it pretty "interesting". Geez! How would the average person burn through 5 million dollars! Incredible!

Kathsgrdn

I really want to see Yellowstone but only have Netflix, Britbox and HBO max. I don't think it's on any of those. Nicole, would be interested in that show. I'm going to google it to see if I can see it or not.

1 Like Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

I stopped watching Ozark after episode 9 I think it was. Don't really have a reason except that I just wasn't compelled to watch more.

I still haven't caught up on the last few episodes of Mandalorian yet either but I'll get around to it soon.

sprtphntc7a

on Netflix: Dead to Me - different but really good

Arrested Development: similar to Schitt's Creek, really funny!!!

Queens Gambit!! Loved!!

Save    
nicole___

Kath.....Lars mentioned his Samsung smart TV has it's own channel. I'm a Samsung nut! ☺ When my house was hit by lightning, 4 years ago, we purchased 3 new Samsung TV's.....and I don't have "THE" Samsung channel. I googled it...and I can load the app onto the TV. I wonder how many other apps I'd like to view.....ya know. ☺ I don't remember which app Millionaire was on...but I bet you could load the app...

joann_fl

I just finished the 1st season of " The Sinner" It was much better then I expected. Season 2 is a bit different but enjoyable so far. Check it out. I finished Man with a plan, that was good.

Kathsgrdn

Inhave a super old small tv. My daughter had an extra tv, maybe left by my son? Don't remember, anyway it's huge and now sitting in front of my old tv for the exchange students to watch. She also talked me into getting a Roku. Only thing I know about it is they can watch things on all my current subscriptions.

Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Some of the shows you've all mentioned sound interesting, but I wonder where/how you are seeing them? Perhaps mention the service that they are on - Netflix or whatever?

Save    
jewels_ks

I recently watched The Night Stalker and Bridgerton, currently watching Anne with an E. I've watched several movies lately; Hillbillyology, The Butler, Midnight Sky,

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Tastemakers Take a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Netflix’s ‘Grace and Frankie’
Set decorator Beauchamp Fontaine explains the design decisions behind the home sets featured in the new Netflix series
Full Story
Books Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House in the Ozarks
A farmhouse and chickens launched Wilder’s writing career and fueled a love for all ‘wild, free, beautiful things’
Full Story
Fun Houzz 15 Cool Rooms and the TV Shows They Want You to Watch
Get nestled in with the fall 2014 premieres, some old favorite shows and a coordinating nosh
Full Story