SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evdryst

Help with my kitchen design, please?

evdryst
3 years ago

Hi all, I need your ever-valuable help. Thank you in advance.

I’m enclosing a floor plan of the entire level of the house, as well as some photos. In the kitchen everything is going - cabinets, appliances (except new fridge - 36”), floors, the wall between the kitchen and living room (except for a load-bearing column), all soffits (we put mini-splits in), and even the windows (one above the sink and the two small ones in the dining room). The dining and kitchen are mostly over the garage, so moving plumbing would be doable (although external wall and adjacent to bathroom would be easiest). I can’t steal any space from the family room as it’s pretty narrow already, with that big fireplace.

My wishlist:

- I love a big social prep space (seating for at least 4 and no cooking or cleanup zone) - could be island or peninsula. I do not want a prep sink either; I wash stuff before I put it into the fridge.

- My favourite cooking appliances include an induction cooktop and an oven and microwave in a double oven configuration.

- Dishwasher, obviously, and large single sink.

- I would love a “drinks” station, preferably close to the fridge, for adult beverages and coffee/tea stuff (I’d probably stick a wine fridge under the counter, even if it is close to the fridge.)

- I like openness, but not open shelving.

Comments (4)