Have you heard bout this?

joann_fl

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10157319192205981&set=a.10150971697430981&;cft[0]=AZVVHj6eBs3tvlT5u5h_2T_3uDzEEvTxjZM8UClBQYQI1AdsaA5jsFcrgGyejf2L4benXrgtmMVz7ISIFh-bfhLL3izWeUHbKZZ-hA1d0OHDCJU1TdIUKkOp5mMNP_7ZeR16aNdve9nIJHPfHyBvOpdLWgv6HMYwhyOLaXM9Hpx2Pg&__tn__=EH-y-R

SaveComment35Like
Comments (35)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Any link to a respectable news source? I found an article that looks like the screenshot and the link leads to an article written in Arabic on RT.

Save    
graywings123

This is one of the comments on the Facebook page: This is fake news. I live in Germany, this is not true. Please check the sources...

2 Likes Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Do you mean not all information on Facebook is correct? If that's the case, why does anyone bother reading anything other than personal news from friends?

Oops, sorry. Right, that should be obvious to all.

1 Like Save    
sushipup1

Well said, Elmer. Facebook is not a news source.

6 Likes Save    
morz8

My 94 yr old mother had that vaccine on Wednesday. Not even a sore shoulder ;0)

Save    
joyfulguy

While I seldom go there, I think Facebook can be a place where I learn things that I didn't know before.

But if I accept such without searching legitimate sources ...

... call me most likely some stupid.

ole joyful

3 Likes Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Not going to click that link. What’s the story?

1 Like Save    
morz8

Floral, deaths occurring in Germany after being administered the Pfizer vaccine.

Save    
maifleur03

There were stories last week or the week before about people in a nursing home in Norway that received the vaccine dying from the after affects. It is being investigated.

Norway: 23 people die after taking coronavirus vaccine; caution raised, World News | wionews.com

Be realistic there will be people who die after taking any shot or any medicine the same as there are people who can die of eating certain things.

Save    
nicole___

floral...it says 10 people died from getting the Pfizer covid vaccine in Germany.

Save    
colleenoz

A claim that 10 people in Germany died after receiving the Pfizer vaccine.

Save    
joann_fl

Its saying 10 people died from the covid shot.

Save    
terezosa / terriks

There have been a number of frail elderly nursing home patients that dies after getting the vaccine - the pertinent point being that they were frail and elderly. Also, the number of deaths in those nursing homes for that time period were what they would have expected with or without the vaccine, because frail elderly people die more often than the general population.

It's important to look at the excess death statistics - the number of deaths that are in excess of a normal year.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

On the news last night there was a brief story about someone who died the same day the person got the vaccine. Didn't say if it was a man or woman, but did say that this person had been diagnosed with Covid in December and was now supposed to be over it. It is not known if the vaccine had anything to do with the person's death, and that it won't be known until after an autopsy is done. But that's the only "death after vaccine" that I've heard of.

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

That's a screenshot with no link to any source - so immediately suspect. I checked and dpa/Deutsche Presse-Agentur appears to be a legit news agency, but that doesn't mean the story is actually from them - or that there is even a story at all.

It's always a good idea to check out sources. Snopes.com is also a good source for debunking.

And FWIW, plenty of people, myself included, share links to legit news articles on FaceBook. It's not all hearsay and bogus websites.

Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Dying after the shot is not the same as dying from the shot. Engage critical faculties and read the WHO conclusions. “Reports are in line with the expected, all-cause mortality rates and causes of death in the sub-population of frail, elderly individuals, and the available information does not confirm a contributory role for the vaccine in the reported fatal events.” https://www.who.int/news/item/22-01-2021-gacvs-review-deaths-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-bnt162b2

Save    
sushipup1

No, there can be real true information on FB. But without researching legitimate sources, the reader doesn't know what's true and what is not. I have another online community, and one scatterbrain (no other way I can describe this person, whom I know IRL) is constantly posting that so-and-so celebrity died. 99% of the time, it's someone who died 10 years ago, or someone who is very much alive. She gets all her "news" from FB, and it drives all the rest of us bonkers trying to keep her directed towards the truth. Haven't we just had a few years of combating the disinformation constantly thrown at us?

1 Like Save    
sephia_wa

What drives me crazy is when people share things but don't check the date of what they're sharing. They share something like it's "breaking news!" when often is can be old news. Like sharing something about a lost pet. Um, check the date of the article.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

I'm pretty sure I've only heard of 1 death, two weeks after the person getting the Pfizer vaccine. A doctor. The other people who have had an adverse reaction were treated immediately and haven't heard of anyone else dying.

Save    
maifleur03

I have stopped wondering at the people who pass these things on although I do try to provide information and links to what is real like the police story where a person was found or reunited with something.

Even with the best care people will have reactions including fatal reactions to medications as they do with various foods. To believe otherwise and to share scare stories is just lacking in rational thinking. Each individual can decide if they want to take the chance of having a life long disability or have the shots. I keep mentioning the polio epidemic where people had to make the same decision. I have read the same news stories about people being sick and dying from the vaccines back then but most people seemed to decide that living without the consequences of not having the vaccines was just not worth it.

1 Like Save    
Chi

That is also not a legitimate news source. Self-reported vaccine injuries are extremely biased. When millions and millions of people are all vaccinated in a short timeframe, some people are going to die who would have died anyway. It doesn't mean their deaths have anything to do with the vaccine. If you read that article, a lot of the family members quoted say they are reporting it even though they don't believe the vaccines caused their family member's deaths.

Save    
jmm1837

I was thinking that the author of that piece cited by Function didn't even understand his own evidence.

2 Likes Save    
laceyvail 6A, WV

Not on FB and not missing a thing.

2 Likes Save    
chisue

This 'alternate reality' junk is proliferating on social media. Has there been some galactic drop in individual IQ's? Is this proof of an educational void? Is it worse in the US than in other 'first world' nations?

Save    
Save    
Michele

I’m a naturally cautious person. When my kids were young there seemed to be a brand new vaccine every time I went for a checkup with them. My husband and I opted for them to receive the routine, tried and true ones. It seemed sensible.

At my age, I’ll be 59 in April, I’m not in any category yet, even though I’m my mother’s (91) caregiver. She received her first shot Wednesday and has an appointment for the second on the 8th of February. Absolutely no hesitation. The general public who’ve received it up to now are elderly or have some kind of underlying health issue. That would have to be considered.

My niece received it. She’s in her 40’s. She’s a physical therapist. She’s got kids. My mom and my niece felt fine. I’m sure some people will have reactions, but people die from eating peanuts right? I’ll take it without hesitation when it’s offered.

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

I think you mean 'social' media? 'Public' media is things like npr.org - which is one of the best sources for actual reality reporting I know.

And I've been listening to a number of discussions about the proliferation of disinformation on social media platforms like FaceBook and YouTube. Recently I learned that some of those companies have indicated that they would appreciate more oversight/regulation from the government to help rein in these abuses of their platforms.

1 Like Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Still no credible source FtL, just another bunch of charlatans.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

I’m assuming (giving benefit of doubt) that FtL is joking with these links.

Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Good point. Satire is the only rational explanation for posting them.. Maybe it’s to expose the misinformation?

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw

I had my first dose of Moderna vaccine on Saturday. A very small sore spot is all I have gotten out of it so far. I will let you know if I die.

Save    
jmm1837

I think FtLs links are useful - all the junk science collated on one website. Now, how about a few sources for actual science ?

Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Useful as long as those reading the stuff have their brains engaged.

1 Like Save    
Cadence Nickelby

"In Germany, where more than 800,000 people have received their first of two doses of the the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the Paul Ehrlich Institute has investigated at least seven cases of elderly people dying shortly after vaccination. In its report, it said the deaths were probably due to the patients’ underlying diseases including carcinomas, kidney deficiencies and Alzheimer’s, not the inoculation. Millions of doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine have been administered in the U.S., U.K. and some other countries with no deaths reported due to the vaccine, Abrar Chughtai, a lecturer in the School of Public Health and Community Medicine at the University of New South Wales, told the Australian Science Media Centre." https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-18/what-to-know-about-vaccine-related-deaths-allergies-quicktake

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Floors Will Cork Float for Your Bathroom Floor?
Get the facts on advantages, disadvantages, costs and installation to see if a cork bathroom floor is right for you
Full Story
Bathroom Design Straight Flush: The Future of Toilets in the Home
Night lights, seat warmers and temperature-controlled bidets are here — and that’s just the beginning
Full Story
Fun Houzz Don’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story