SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hz64

Exterior white colors: Chantilly Lace vs Distant Gray vs White Heron

hz64
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am building a craftsman style contemporary house. Roof is charcoal gray (metal), and plan to paint the house white. I am now looking at mainly 3 (Benjamin Moore): Chantilly Lace, Distant Gray, and White Heron (in order of LRV). My wife likes Chantilly Lace because it's the cleanest, but I think it might be too stark, and are more inclined to

Note the pics were taken at different time (the first two in the morning vs the last one at noon) so it appears more different. Also note that we'll keep the window trim white.

I like Distant Gray because it appears very white/neutral in person, with a bit of creamy feeling in the dark. Chantilly Lace might seem to white, and I am worried that it might make the house look too bright or hard to look at. Also, the tiny gray tone in the color might complement the roof better? White Heron is very very close, with a bit more yellow it seems, so I'd be fine with it too.

My wife on the other hand likes the crisp, contemporary feeling (we may use it inside the house).

Thoughts?

Comments (3)