SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashleya0314

Kitchen remodel: fit everything in, but does it make sense?

Ashley
3 years ago

We are doing a kitchen remodel- the decor needed updating, and we took out walls to open up the floorplan to be able to see a beautiful view out the living room window. I'm posting an upclose, to scale (1 block = 6", with the exception of the floor space between island and wall as well as I messed up the dimensions of the sink and the cabinet to the right of sink), and also a site plan. A few notes: We'd love recommendation on where to put trash can cabinet- is 2' to the right of the sink going to be enough room, and is having it so close to the wall oven ok? Our fridge isn't counter depth and we don't want to downside it, hence the space behind the corner cabinet to make the fridge seem counter depth. I'm not a fan of the island cooktop vent, but we couldn't find a way to get the cooktop on the wall. I'd hoped to talk to my cabinet guy about the pantry cabinet and corner cabinet situation but he's waaayy behind so please chime in if you have a good solution for that area. Please excuse the pink lines- those were for my countertop fabricator so we can start working a quote. The total kitchen footprint is 18' x 13.5'. We are having to cover up a window which is behind the corner cabinet to get 18'- otherwise the wall is only 14' and I couldn't fit a pantry and my wall oven, so overall we are happy with the decision to cover the window. (The office/flex room has three other windows- this house has an abundance of natural light.)

Comments (41)