SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

I “invented” a new dip

colleenoz
3 years ago

We went to a trendy restaurant a couple of weeks ago and one of the things we had was a drop which was finely shedded zucchini with feta, a bit of parmesan and dressed fairly heavily with truffle oil. It was OK, but we felt the truffle oil was not a good fit for the other flavours. But it got me thinking 🤔 (often this can get dangerous 😂, DH cringes when I say, “I’ve been thinking...). So.

Then we were at a farmers market and I couldn’t resist a lovely shiny eggplant and a nice big zucchini. DH loves Baba ganoush and I thought I might do a riff on it with the zucchini.

I was using the oven the other night so I rubbed the zucchini and the eggplant with some oil and put them on a tray in the oven as well. When they were collapsed I took them out and let them get cold before I took off the peels, scraping off all the pulp. I put the pulp into separate containers and into the fridge.

Today I took them out and made Baba ganoush with the eggplant. It’s good.

With the zucchini, I drained it well, squeezing out as much liquid as I could between paper towels, then finely chopped the dried pulp. Into the mixing bowl it went, probably about half a cup of pulp. Then I added about four tablespoons of grated Parmesan, two tablespoons of pesto, two tablespoons of tahini and a touch of the oil from it, a bit of salt and a smitch of garlic (I’d have added more, but DH can only tolerate tiny amounts of garlic before his innards object 😕). Whipped it all together with a fork until it was creamy and smooth. It was yummy and DH liked it even more than the Baba ganoush. “Finally, a use for zucchini!” he said. 😂

Amounts aren’t exact as it was all “to taste” from a concept in my head, but it might give others an inspiration to experiment.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County