Post disappeared again

Kathsgrdn

I posted earlier that my daughter was positive for covid 19 and we are all on quarantine. She is doing okay. Don't know what is going on with the posts here but it's getting to be annoying. Hope everyone is staying safe.

SaveComment25Like1
Comments (25)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8

I didn't see the earlier post, so nothing to add there....

But I'm sincerely sorry your daughter is positive and hope she recovers fully and quickly. And regret that you are in quarantine too. You've had your first vaccination, right? Hopefully the virus will miss you completely.

We keep running into crashed websites and full appt calendars anyplace the vaccine has been offered here. SIL got an appointment for hers 100 miles away - tomorrow. Her husband, same hospital the following week.

Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Lucille

I am glad she is doing OK and hope everyone stays OK. Sharing this was not political, many of us share health issues here. I think whoever is flagging something like this should reevaluate the reason he/she is doing so, and stop.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
nekotish

Glad your daughter is doing well. My daughter who is an ER RN also got Covid - she assumes from an asymptomatic pysch patient that she treated. The doctor who treated the same patient is also off work with Covid. My daughter felt like she had a bad flu/cold for about a week and was off work for 11 days. She's been back to work for the last three days and other than feeling more tired at the end of a shift, is back to normal. She is 25, non smoker, light drinker.

roy4me

Prayers for Lauren...and for you.

carabubble

What Roy said goes for me.

Ded tired

I hope Lauren ( my favorite girls name) recovers quickly and the rest of the family is okay. My son’s gf has it right now. He will be tested on Friday. Says he feels fine.

tvq1

Sending good mojo for your daughter, kathsgrdn. If my 90 yo very frail Mom can beat Covid--I'm sure your daughter will be fine. Take good care!

Jasdip

Best of luck to you and your daughter.

My Landlords tested positive. He got it from his workplace. They've self-quarantined fully for the 2 weeks, free to move around freely starting tomorrow.

bpath

I’m so sorry to hear that! I had to quarantine in a bedroom here at home for 2 weeks. At least I got to watch all of Mrs Maisel, but still, two weeks is a long time.

anneliese32

A quick recovery and all the best for your daughter and you.

SEA SEA

I hope your daughter makes a full recovery. Sorry to hear the news and that you and your family have to quarantine now. I hope all of you stay virus-free.

Maybe the person who keeps flagging posts should find a different website or forum to frequent. Doesn't sound like this one is his/her style.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
OutsidePlaying

I am always sad to hear of someone getting Covid, and hope your DD will continue to do well and recover quickly.

Adding my wish that people could refrain from viewing topics like this if they are that bothered by the discussions, especially general comments about family members or friends.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
chisue

Insult to injury. Why would anyone disappear such a post?

I hope you and all family skate through this scare without any lasting troubles.

Scientists are warning us that the new variant of Covid is much more contagious than the first version -- although no more virulent. Let's double our efforts to be careful, people! This too shall pass, once we get more vaccine manufactured and into people.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
summersrhythm_z6a

Pray for your DD for a fast recovery!

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Morz8, I've had them both, last vaccination on the 7th. I've had a mild headache and sore throat for a couple days but have had them on and off for months now since I first got sick last March. Today I have a runny nose. Hopefully those antibodies are working! Getting tested Saturday along with our exchange students since the health department told us we had to wait 5-7 days after my daughter was positive. One of them was tested yesterday because he was having mild symptoms too but haven't gotten that back and may have been too soon for a reliable test result.

Not sure if my post was flagged and removed or it's just this site messing up. Who knows?

I checked my daughter's temp about awhile ago and she has a fever again and is very tired. Poor kid.

1 Like Save    
SEA SEA

Kaths,

When I had covid last Feb/March, I would run a fever, then it would subside, then spike, then go back down. This went on for a week--up and down. Just fyi since I'm sure you are worried about your dd. She's much younger than me and likely in better health than I am, so I am going on the thought that she will make a full and speedy recovery. Try to keep her in bed to rest. Sending good thoughts to you and your family.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
bragu_DSM 5

my DW - a health care front liner - got moderna V yesterday ... I am two tiers down ... maybe march?

nickel_kg

Yikes, take care of yourself and your household! Best wishes!

maifleur03

You know that you need to take all the precautions as if this is a new disease so will not go into that. Not enough is yet known about the various strains to know if because you have had the vaccination that your body's immunity is strong enough so please be cautious.

Just a suggestion from someone who had scarring in her lungs but when you feel better start singing even if it is just the alphabet like I did. It will break up the crud in the lungs and expand the scar tissue if you have any. Doing the I think, Mary Poppins song has allowed my blood oxygen to increase. As always talk to your doctor or inhalation therapist before you do anything doing it too early can cause problems.

Ont_Gal

So sorry to hear about your
DD, Kath...hopefully, yous will all come along unscathed. ((((hugs))))

nicole___

I'm sorry your daughter has it. I hope you don't get it and her symptoms are minor. 2020 was just a horrible year! This is a 2020 left over. With ALL the positive energy here on the KT I'm hoping everyone stays healthy.

wildchild2x2

Hope your daughter's case is mild and everyone stays safe.

morz8

I'd missed you'd had the second shot. I sincerely hope it keeps you safe and well. And I'm sure you know what to do to get your daughters temp down, wish it would stay down. I almost hurt for her.

We got our first dose today, Moderna. Very unexpected. My SIL called and said a friend had called them as he was leaving a little clinic about a half hour away. The clinic had vaccine and their friend had his shot. We ran for the car, got there 15 minutes before they said they would cut off for the day. Screened us and left us waiting outside at 2:45 (in a group of just 12 or so). I wasn't dressed warmly enough ;0) But we were on our way home at 5 PM, vaccinated and with appointments for the second shot on Feb 17.

Save    
woodrose

Hope your daughter feels better soon, and no one else contracts the virus.

yeonassky

So sorry about your daughter. I hope she covers completely and that her symptoms never worsen.

I hope the vaccine works for you! I'm so glad you have had it!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Product Picks Guest Picks: Everything Old-World Is New Again
Give even a new build a romantic history with lighting fixtures, hardware and drapes that recall the Old Country
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances Disappearing Range Hoods: A New Trend?
Concealed exhaust fans cut visual clutter in the kitchen
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 11 Reasons to Love Wall-to-Wall Carpeting Again
Is it time to kick the hard stuff? Your feet, wallet and downstairs neighbors may be nodding
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
The Mission of USA Cabinet Store and Design Center is to provide the best customer service, the highest quality... Read More