SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Mattresses...those who like a soft bed

I know we've had many discussions about mattresses. I bought a new mattress Nov. of 2019...within 3 months I noticed it was dipping in the middle. It's spring mattress with foam layers, not a hybrid. (full size mattress, just me approx. 155 lbs) It feels comfortable when you lie down on it, but I'm waking up achy. Back, shoulders. I'm a side sleeper and found I can sleep on my back with this mattress with no pillow. I guess because I'm laying in a hole on my back, it actually feels good when I take the pillow out from under my head. But primarily, I curl up on my side to fall asleep. But with it dipping, I literally have to roll UP the edge of the mattress to get out of it. Even my daughter who weighs 100 lbs sinks in it.

Now the mattress has a 10 yr warranty but of course has that "can't have any stains" on it or it will void it. Which is lame, because if the mattress fails, what does it matter if it has spot on it or not. I may still try to go back through macys for the warranty...but if they actually do like a blue light type thing to find spots, they will find where I sprayed when my dog peed on my bed. It went through comforter and blankets and even a mattress cover/topper so it didnt soak it, but I could tell faint pee smell so I did use a spray cleaner...so that may void it.

Anyways...back to the issue. My question is, those that like a soft feel to your mattress, do you deal with the dipping? I know in other threads regarding mattresses, someone had mentioned buying a firm mattress and then adding a foam topper. In my minds that keeps your body straight or even but yet you have the cush of the topper. Correct? I can't afford "thousands" of dollars for a bed...soo...

I'm also considering a Novaform mattress from Costco. It's one that comes roll up and you undo it and it pops up to shape. My son needs a new mattress so I figure I'd buy it for him but try it for myself first. I figure I'm either gonna love it or hate it. He's 21 so I think he can pretty much sleep on anything so it probably wont make much difference to him.

Comments (6)