SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laceyahays

Door frames for 1920's craftsman

Lacey Nichols
3 years ago

My husband and I just purchased a 1920's, unappreciated "flip"... cheap carpet, faux wood vinyl, basic trim and molding. This was brought from a duplex back into a single family, where I know and assume some of the problems lie. Some things got over looked within the buying process and some we were aware of. My first tackle is going to be the flooring. I've started on the second floor... one room down, wood floors are in fairly good shape. I began looking at the trim and I want to bring it back to a classic 1920's (craftsman) but some of the door frames have the 3.5 inches frame cut to fit within the corners... I notice this throughout the entire house. Is this because of the wall (added for more space) or that the frame was adjusted for a smaller door? the wall to the right (where the frame trim was cut in half) is the closet. Based on the wood flooring within the closet, this seems like the original floor plan. The opening from top frame to floor is 81.5 inches x 30 inches wide. Pictures attached.

If there are any links/blogs/videos/book suggestions for bringing back a classic 1920's craftsman I'd love the suggestions.

Comments (4)