SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Who was it who first mentioned or suggested Storyworth here?

IdaClaire
3 years ago

I'm too lazy to search (and about 3/4 of the time the search feature here turns up stuff like threads on lime jello when I've clearly searched for Christmas Cactus care), but just wanted to give a big SHOUT OUT and THANK YOU to that person. I gave my mother a Storyworth subscription for Christmas, and it has been an absolute delight for her to write her stories, and for her children to read them. I think she's only answered 3 (maybe 4) questions thus far, but just having to stop and think of how she'll respond has opened up a floodgate of memories, and she's clearly had the best time reminiscing and writing about things from her past. Too, her family is learning things that WE never knew about her before ... things about her family dynamics, first boyfriends, first jobs, etc. It's fascinating.

This has truly been a gift in this time of Covid, when she and my father have ceased all in-person social interactions, and it's been hard on them as they are normally very social individuals who love to be with their friends and enjoy a certain amount of "going and doing." The internal focus and reminiscing has been a lovely way for my mother AND my father to fill their days, as Dad has also begun writing his memoirs (on his own, not via Storyworth), and they spend a great deal of time reliving old times, going through masses of old photos, and putting it all together.

So, thank you. This gift has touched my family more than you can possibly know.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville