Any idea about this print?

Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)

We came across this picture while sorting through stuff to give away. I remember it hanging at my grandma‘s house in Germany when I was little (70’s). I have asked my brother, sister, and aunt.. Neither one of them is remembering it at all. Not sure how I ended up with it, it’s not something I would have on my wall, but we did bring it with us here about 28 years ago. My daughter is curious about it. As in how old it may be. I am not seeing a date on it, and the frame is taped on tight in the back. You would think there are a lot of these around, but my image search is not getting me anywhere. Any idea?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lars

I wonder if it is actually from Switzerland, since it has German, French, and Italian text on it. The English text is particularly puzzling. I'm guessing that it must have been intended for export.

As for the age, I would guess that it is from circa 1920, but that is just a wild guess. It might be late 19th Century. You might try asking a priest.

Save     Thanked by Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Much older than 1920s imo. Mid to late 19c given the style and type faces.

Save     Thanked by Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Industrial Style 9 Imaginative Ideas for Industrial Rebar in the Garden
Inexpensive and unexpected, steel bar from any big-box hardware store can give your landscape an edgier look
Full Story
Decks These New Outdoor Lounges Have Ideas for Your Summer
Photos from 10 gorgeous decks and porches offer inspiration for just about every region, style and mood
Full Story
Color Color Ideas for Commitment-Phobes
Safe Ways to Create Your Own Unique Palette for Any Room
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More