SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgiasugarplum

Furniture Layout - Open Great Room & Dining Room

georgiasugarplum
3 years ago

Hello! I am a frequent lurker, infrequent poster here, and am now in need of design advice!

We are purchasing a home with a much different layout than our current home. The new home is under construction, so I don't have pictures, but I do have the floor plan. This new home is located in the mountains, with views from both the front and back of the house.

The great room, dining area and kitchen are all open, with a vaulted wood tongue and groove ceiling. The fireplace is a stacked stone that goes to the ceiling. The TV will be mounted above the fireplace. We will be using the great room as our main living area, and mostly it is just my husband and me.

I am struggling with the great room furniture layout -- I am used to a home with more wall space! I currently have two sofas - one three seat and a matching (slightly bigger) sofa with chaise on one end. I do not have to use these -- the new home has a large family room on the lower level were I could use this furniture.

I am attaching the floor plan. One change is that on our home, the doors to the back deck open OUT... on the floor plan they are shown opening towards the inside.

Thank you in advance! I know the great minds here can help me find the best furniture plan.

Comment (1)