SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

TV HGTV Flipping 101... a bolus of episodes seen today

artemis_ma
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

It is 6 pm now, and dinner is in the oven. This morning I spent a couple hours or so at the auto place getting front and rear brake pads and rotors replaced, along with a couple of filters for A/C and something else. No, I don't speak Auto.

Watched Flipper 101 with Tarek somebody on HGTV in the waiting room. WHY OH WHY do these flipping imbeciles find a need to paint perfectly GOOD brick white??? (I gasped, as did the other woman waiting in the room.) And in that 2 million dollar home, why oh why did they not put in some good under-counter drawers instead of all cabinets? AND why does HGTV run many back to back episodes of the same show on the same day? Vary it up, guys!!! I ended up watching four of these things. (How many do they run in a day?)

I will admit, the one home that was obviously in late foreclosure, anything, ANYTHING they did to it would be an improvement. You know popcorn ceilings? That one had stalactite ceilings! I've never seen that before. But the 2 million dollar house - when they removed the walls to open up the space - they had to make a sunken living room. Sorry, the inner klutz in me would have walked right back out that door and into an escape car rather than purchasing that. But at least they made that kitchen look good and not monochrome, though I suspect as they focus on the kitchen for about five seconds in each of these episodes the layout would not be user-convenient. And yeah, no drawers.

At least Tarek brought homeowner flippers into a tile outlet to pick out tiles and such. No one was stuck with the Joanna Gaines taste in having verbiage splattered across all the walls.

I think there's a reason I don't watch TV much.

Comments (4)