SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rowan1099

Roller shade for patio door

rowan1099
3 years ago

We've used a pinch pleat curtain on a traverse rod for many years, but are looking to change this up while we're painting and redecorating. The curtain also gets a little dirty from being so close to the ground and with our cats walking around and behind it.

I was thinking of using a roller shade (possibly either cordless or motorized) for the window. We only use this at night for privacy, so it would either be up or down. I am not a fan of vertical blinds, and the vertical panels are probably going to be cat fur magnets and difficult to clean.

Has anyone used a roller shade for such a large window? Is a manual cordless pull feasible for a 78" wide panel that reaches to the ground? I'm leaning towards a motorized shade just based on how large it is, but there is both the additional expense and potential for failure to consider. I was looking at the Architect Blackout roller shade from Select Blinds, but they only have the manufacturer's 2 year warranty on the motor, which gives me pause, and they can't do a cordless option over 72". A cord seems rather unattractive.

I was thinking of something pretty tailored looking, like the inspiration photo below, but with just one single wide panel vs the multiple. We'd have drapery panels on the windows on the adjoining wall to soften the look. We've removed the valences from this room; the patio door is on the right of the morning room.

https://www.selectblinds.com/rollershades/designer-window-shades-roller-collection-2.html

Comments (17)