SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bzzzd

Broken shades and drapes over patio door?

3 years ago

Our living room windows and patio door need some serious help.

The Problems:

1. The shades, while pretty, have plastic parts and have proven to be much less durable than hoped. On most of the shades, the cord has actually gouged a long channel through the plastic header and no longer do their job. They are only three years old, but out of the warranty window, so they've got to go!

2. Our patio door swings inward on the right hand side. Drapes just get in the way, with our four children running in and out. Something is needed for privacy at night.

As you can see, we are in the process of painting all window and door trim white.

I like drapes for warmth. How would I put them in this room, without upsetting the balance? You can see that there is quite a mix: smaller windows flanking the fireplace, a double full light patio door and three larger windows mainly in the back corner of the room.

Would I be crazy to put up bamboo blinds on every window and door? Should I even bother with drapes at all?

Thank you all so much.

Please excuse the mess in this room, we have very happy, and also very curious and active children.

Comments (8)