SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

What vertical blinds (for patio doors) go with banded shades?

ostrich
4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate your advice here. I have some decisions to make regarding window coverings for my new house. Along the back of the house, I have some huge windows in the great room, and a large window in the kitchen by the sink. In between these great room and kitchen windows, I have a set of 3 patio doors. For the great room windows and the kitchen, I would love to use banded shades, which have a clean, modern look. I can easily go with banded shades again for the patio doors, but then I was not sure about the practicality of having 3 separate horizontal shades for this set of 3 patio doors. So I am looking into some options of vertical blinds. So far, these are what I have come up with:

1. Hunter Douglas Luminette - beautiful though pricey. Now, regardless of the price though, is it not odd to have something so soft and 3 dimensional to be between something so modern and flat like the banded shades?

2. Hunter Douglas Skyline panels - I like how practical this is, and much less $ than Luminette too! however, I want privacy at night, so if I go with this, I would be going with a semi-opaque fabric. That means it's either in an open or closed position for me, as I cannot see through the panels to the outside. So that is a big concern...

What do you suggest please? Are there other choices that would work well with banded shades please?

Thank you!

Comments (12)