SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindalana

Hood, microwave, induction stove questions in a new kitchen

Here I thought it would be a breeze, move into new house, replace cabinets, countertop, put some tile backsplash and ... Yep...

It is not getting better when you are on a beer budget with champagne taste lol.

Suddenly hubby insists on induction stove top and built in oven. I would like a hood and under cabinet mounted microwave.

We do like to DIY and forums here proved to be a treasure trove. Currently am in consideration for Conestoga cabinets/ love Ikea but am bigger fan of real wood/.

So am looking for suggestions on what my needs might be in terms of hood? Looked at highly regarded VAH seems to be out of my price range. I can consider venting out as rooftop is above if it less cost than ductless. Microwave otr seems to be a no no?

We both cook a lot but do not fry much and use oil very sparingly. I use my Instant pot and Breville smart oven great deal. We do bake frequently. I am planning on summer kitchenette in a lower level to do my canning and preserving, old fashioned fan and open door will take care of that as I can close it out from rest of the house as not to heat.

What would be my best budget conscious choices in regards to figuring out need for hood and how to arrange rest of appliances? Yes, fridge will be replaced and hubby hates stainless steel.

I am considering new fridge in a corner catch all/ there is duct work there so can not be totally open concept. /

Keeping sink and DW where they are, replace stove with induction top, oven built in next to the left with some cabinetry to fill fridge space. Remove cabs from right side of window and do open shelf?

Small set up to sit for 2 from living room side /there is only 2 humans, rest are 4 legged ones/

Corner catch all will have new smaller fridge, shelf with Breville oven on the wall and movable island to add to working space. Where is microwave goes? Wall cabs can be taller but ceiling is vaulted...

Comments (8)