SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannyrrk

I need help with choosing wall colors for a church worship center

grannyrrk
3 years ago

I am helping to select colors for my little church that is remodeling an industrial building for the worship center. (artist rendition shown below)

Therefore, the ceiling will be left open and ductwork, etc will be exposed on the ceiling. They are planning on painting the ceiling, including pipes and so forth, a black color. My role is to select the side wall colors and the front. We have used Sherwin Williams "Naval" and SW "antiquarian brown" as accent colors in other sections of the church. Also, we have used passive gray as the main color. (see picture at the bottom)

Now, as I am planning the main front area of the worship center, I am getting nervous about using these bold colors in the worship center. The front wall will be divided into three areas: a center section- behind the stage and approximately 1/3 of the front- will have a dark brown horizontal wood treatment on it . Then the space on each side of the center, is the area I am having to choose the color for, as well as the side walls. My plan is to choose a light white/ grayish color on the sidewalls as there is very little natural lighting and I feel it needs lightened up. But in choosing for the front on each side of the wood treatment, do you recommend using something striking like the Naval color, or calm and neutral such as medium gray or taupe type of color? I also worry about the space looking significantly smaller with the dark colors. The carpet will be a gray-blend color and the chairs are light gray and bright blue (half of each color.) The picture below shows the unfinished future worship center (with a piece of equipment-lift- sitting in the middle). I would appreciate any thoughts on color choices- light/vs/dark. bold color/vs/ neutrals.

The bottom photo shows use of the antiquarian brown and Naval blue used in another section of the church. Passive gray was used on the other walls.

I appreciate your help! I am not a professional, just someone that likes to decorate, so I realize this is way out of my knowledge and experience!

Comments (9)