SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Th 12/31

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago

We'll end the year on the letter "Z"...

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (53)

• User
    3 years ago

Zen thoughts for the end of 2020...

On the way to the farm shop.

• jrb451
    3 years ago

From my album collection, Frank Zappa and ZZ Tops

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Self explanatory

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

Giant panda at Smithsonian Zoo.

• User
    3 years ago

Annie, thanks for posting “I’ll Show You Mine / You Show Me Yours“ thread every day. I have truly enjoyed this month looking at everyone’s photos, particularly the letters of the alphabet ones. So many beautiful shots and so much creativity!

Posting made me challenge myself to find a suitable photo each day. The real bonus was that I found myself going through old travel and personal photos that I hadn’t looked at for quite a while and many that I had forgotten about. It brought back some good memories for me.😀

I wish you and everyone a very happy and healthy 2021.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked User
  • eld6161
    3 years ago

^^^Agree, totally ^^^

Annie Deighnaugh thanked eld6161
  • eld6161
    3 years ago

Lemon zest

Had to run downstairs to “stage” this one.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    3 years ago

A propos zest. I wouldn’t be without my zester.

• User
    3 years ago

Zero Kilometre

Point Zero des Routes de France is a marker embedded in the ground, in the square in front of Notre Dame Cathedral. It is a geographical marker that is the point from which all distances from Paris are measured.

It’s kind of small and hard to find. People put coins on it and make wishes. Also, it is said, if you stand on kilometre zero, you will be sure to return to Paris one day.

• nicole___
    3 years ago

Remember Z-brick? A wall of it....☺

• Lars
    3 years ago

Zip line, Selvatura Park, Costa Rica. Photo of me taken by the zip line company

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    3 years ago

Zinnias

• dedtired
    3 years ago

Zipper!

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Zinnia bouquet

Annie, I will add my thanks for starting this thread which I always enjoy. And thank you to all you wonderful photographers who take the time to find interesting subjects.

Happy New Year to you all, and may 2021 be less challenging for all of us. Be well and be healthy.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked OutsidePlaying
  • whistle_b
    3 years ago

Another thank you to Annie and all who post! Hoping for a better 2021!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked whistle_b
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Yet another thank you to Annie and all who contribute to this wonderful thread. So nice to have something positive to experience every single day!! And how appropriate to end the year with a "Z". Happy New Year to everyone and let's hope 2021 turns out great!!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • nickel_kg
    3 years ago

More zinnias, plus marigolds and a butterfly

and big thanks to Annie :-)

Annie Deighnaugh thanked nickel_kg
  • Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

Big thank you from me too. I have enjoyed so many beautiful pictures, lots

of funny ones, and lots of sweet ones. Thank you everyone...Happy New

Year..,may the year be new and shiny and bright for all of us.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Uptown Gal
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

A couple of the zoo's characters.

• roy4me
    3 years ago

• dedtired
    3 years ago

Hurray for Annie, one of the few shining lights in 2020 ( along with the rest of you). I always start my day with the Chain Reaction threads, Smile for Today and You Show Me. Had a good time with the A thread, too. Thanks, Annie.

, for all you do.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked dedtired
  • hallngarden
    3 years ago

Annie, Thank you for starting out my day. So thankful we have a group that works together. These sites keep my mind working. Love seeing all the pics that are posted each day. You folks are the best.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked hallngarden
  • maire_cate
    3 years ago

Darn - this is one of those days where I cannot post a photo on my laptop and I can't even sign in using my iPad or iPhone at all. And this A-Z was a little more challenging since I opted to only use photos from my last trip to Ireland.

So I'm going to just describe the photo I wanted to post. It was another 'Catching some zzzz's' and showed my traveling companion who somehow manages to fall asleep whenever we get on a bus or train. Her husband has even commented that if they're driving more than 30 minutes she'll doze off.

And I'll add my thanks to Annie and all the folks who post their photos - like so many others have said - it's the first site I check and a true pleasure.

Maire

Annie Deighnaugh thanked maire_cate
  • User
    3 years ago

Thank you to everyone for sharing all of your wonderful photographs, and a special thank you to you Annie for coming up with the different themes every day.

It‘s almost midnight here, so....

to one and all! 🎉🍾🥂💥🥳

Annie Deighnaugh thanked User
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

Zebra 🦓 mommies and babies!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    3 years ago

Zzzzzzz (as in sleeping, forever, as of today. SUPER HATE 2020)

• sealavender
    3 years ago

Zen Garden, Kyoto

So sorry for your loss, Rob333.

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    3 years ago

(((rob333)))

• gmatx zone 6
    3 years ago

Oh rob333 - I'm so sorry you lost Maggie today. She was a beautiful girl. It really hurts when we have a pet pass. I'm still missing Bo Diddley (my Blue Heeler) and Emma (the sweet cat that chose me as her "human servant" about 18 years ago).

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Rob333, I'm so terribly sorry. It's never easy to lose our fur babies...sending you thoughts of comfort and solace.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful photos and support. These threads would be nothing without you. Happy New Year to you all!

• lisa_fla
    3 years ago

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

Hugs Rob333. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye your sweet Maggie Kitty.

I think we should all give 2020 a full-on boot out the door.

Zzzzzz. She hates being awakened.

• jrb451
    3 years ago

Thanks Annie for moderating this thread. I’ve enjoyed looking at everyone’s photos and reading the accompanying stories behind them. I’ve seen photos of my own that I’ve not looked at in years searching for one that fit that day’s theme.

Sorry for your loss, rob333.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked jrb451
  • Michele
    3 years ago

I’m really sorry rob333.

I want to add a “thanks” too. I love this thread. I didn’t participate much this last month, but I always enjoy the photos.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Michele
  • nickel_kg
    3 years ago

rob333 I "liked" Maggie's picture and am so sorry for your loss.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Maire_cate, here. You can borrow my sister. This was from our bus trip in Ireland. A bit of a drive from town to town put her out like a light!

Rob, I'm sorry for your loss of beautiful Maggie.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

I too thank you Annie! This and the smiles does a lot to keep my day sane!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked yeonassky
  • lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

So sorry rob333 to see that you lost your beautiful Maggie.

And my thanks to Annie for the work you put into keeping this thread going ...and always interesting. Everyone's post to it bring much enjoyment daily. Thank you all.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked lgmd_gaz
  • maire_cate
    3 years ago

Murraysmom - Thank you for letting me borrow your sister! My friend even falls asleep on shorter rides. We'll be sitting together on the bus or train looking at the sights and then I notice she's dozing off.

Some days when I can't post a photo from my laptop I can still use my iPad. But every now and then nothing works. I'm getting a new laptop next week and I'm afraid Houzz will work it's magic and I'll never get back on again unless I sign up as a new member.

Maire

• dees_1
    3 years ago

Rob asked me to let you all know she appreciates your kind words and gentle thoughts. She's having trouble posting.

• dees_1
    3 years ago

And just so you know, Maggie had zee most beautiful green eyes. She was a sweetheart

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

Robb - I'm so sorry. It's always difficult to lose a beloved pet.

dees =- I've never seen such beautiful green eyes! Is that unusual?

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Dees - wow! Her eyes are amazing!

Maire - if you end up with a new identity, make sure you let us know you are back!

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

Murraysmom - Definitely - DH was teasing me that I was going into the witness protection program.

• joyfulguy
    3 years ago

I like your niece's picture on her card saying "Time to stick it to 2020", lgmd!

When one smile the other day said that we can look back on last year with 20-20 vision, I thought that few people would be doing that.

ole joyful

• nicole___
    3 years ago

Rob ...I'm so sorry you lost Maggie. 2020 was a terrible year.

• whistle_b
    3 years ago

So sorry to hear about the loss of Maggie, Rob. I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful eyes!!

• marilyn_c
    3 years ago

Rob, just now seeing this, but wanted to say I'm sorry about Maggie. It really hurts to lose one of our pets.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County