SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_mcclure6

master bath remodel - Tub

Jennifer McClure
3 years ago

We are doing a master bedroom and bath remodel. My husband and I agree on everything but what to do with the tub.

We are going to replace the cabinets - Espresso double cabinets with a quartz countertop to be picked out yet - likely white with a gray vein. New mirrors above the cabinets and lights.

Shower will be gutted and tiled and new floors - both yet to be picked out. Walls will be painted a lighter shade of gray.

So then there is the tub. I haven’t used it in years. It is a jacuzzi tub but I don’t think all the jets work. I would like to rip it out and do a free standing tub and tile underneath. My husband wants to leave it as is. My concern with leaving it as is .. is that it will look unfinished and stick out like a sore thumb with everything else getting a face lift. When he does finally agree to do something, then the tile we used won’t be available.

I don’t care for the totally free standing where the water faucets are coming out of the floor. So probably looking for something on the end to keep them mounted on the tub.

What would you do?

Comments (6)