Looking for a New Netflix or Amazon Prime Series to Watch

sheilajoyce_gw

We have had some good suggestions in recent months from the Kitchen Table for TV series watching. We just finished The Restaurant. Loved The French Village. Can't recall other titles just now, but need some new ideas. Not necessarily foreign language, just good acting, writing and cinematography.

SaveComment101Like
Comments (101)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elmer J Fudd

Try Safe on Netflix. It's interesting, with unexpected plot twists. Story by Harlan Coben, an American mystery writer whose books have been popular and about half of which are pretty good (my opinion). The other half are fair.

It's an 8 part story of 45 minute episodes. You'll find Audrey Fleurot, the redhead from A French Village, has a small part.

Can't get too far without mentioning the Bosch series on Amazon, featuring the SoCal located character and stories of popular author Michael Connolly. This is a well known and popular Amazon exclusive series, you've probably already watched it. There are 6 "seasons" available to watch, 10 episodes each.

1 Like Save     Thanked by sheilajoyce_gw
Debby

We just finished watching Broadchurch on Netflix. It took the beginning of season 2 to realize two Dr Who's were in the series.......... ;) In my defense, she's a blonde in Dr Who.

graywings123

I did not think I was going to like Schitt's Creek as much as I did. The episodes are short, less than 30 minutes. It is quirky, for sure, but the character development is superb.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by sheilajoyce_gw
aziline

I really liked these foreign ones on Netflix.

MIdnight Diner Toyko Stories

Mr Sunshine

Save     Thanked by sheilajoyce_gw
jrb451

We enjoyed Queen's Gambit on Netflix.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by sheilajoyce_gw
graywings123

Yes, Queen's Gambit!

chisue

We just finished a short (4 episodes) BBC production on Amazon: "London Hospital". Reminded us how much we enjoyed "The Nick".

"The Booth At The End" had two seasons; we would have watched a third.

Did you like "The Restaurant"? We liked it enough to purchase the last seasons. "Haute Cuisine" has it's moments (despite a confused plot line that includes Antartica for no reason I can fathom). Pres. Mitterrand hires a female chef to provide him with 'plain French cooking'...yeah, 'plain'.

Jasdip

I really like Harlan Coben, so I'll look for "safe". Thanks, Elmer.

Another Harlan Coben one is The Stranger. 8 episodes, also very good.

I love, Love the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas. 1/2 hour show.

Burden of Truth, which has 3 seasons.

JoanMN

Yesterday, I watched The Ripper on Netflix. 4 45 minute episodes, it was really a documentary, with cops and family members telling the story.

imacamper

Watched Bridgerton on Netflix over the weekend...EXCELLENT!

terezosa / terriks

Not on Prime or Netflix, but we loved Ted Lasso on Apple TV+!

It's about an American college football coach who is hired to coach a struggling English football (soccer) team.

Marigold

I enjoyed both Unorthodox and Atypical. Perhaps I am abnormal?

3 Likes Save     Thanked by sheilajoyce_gw
lily316

I like The Crown and many others on Netflix but I adored Schitts Creek and would watch all six years again. Best show EVER!!

Jasdip

I like Nicholas Sparks; I admit it. I love, love The Notebook.

Last night I watched Best of Me. It has Gerald McRaney in, who I just adore. He's been in quite a number of shows lately. Anyway, it's got a similar layout to the Notebook. Funny how my vision got blurry at the end :-)

annztoo

Last Tango in Halifax (netflix) is at the top of my list.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by sheilajoyce_gw
Chi

I agree with some others posted here. Queen's Gambit and Bridgerton are both fantastic.

Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada

Just rewatched 'After Life'. For me it's just such a feel good TV show. I really like Ricky Gervais humor but warn you the language may be off putting for some. I also rewatch Schitt's Creek when I need a 'lift'.

Alisande

I've tried to like Schitt's Creek, but haven't succeeded so far. This is the first time I've actually put some effort into trying to like a TV show, but I've done so because I know so many people who absolutely love it. I don't know why the show doesn't appeal to me.

I learned about Longmire here at the KT, and loved every episode. I'm presently on Season 5 of The Americans--one more season to go. It's a good show.

I recently watched a fairly short movie, Blow the Man Down. Definitely quirky, but I like the way it was done.

Elmer, I'll check out Safe because Harlan Coben comes up with some good plots, but I agree about his books. I gave up on them a while back because I wanted to take a red pen to them. He gets away with some bad writing because he's successful and I guess his editors let him do whatever he likes. But I often felt his many little digressions (like pausing in the middle of a suspenseful scene to describe a character's thoughts) were fill--put in the manuscript to make it longer.

1 Like Save    
moosemac

My husband really liked Justified on Hulu. It was a little too violent for me but the characters were quirky and interesting. The potrayal of rural Kentuckey was gritty and sobering.

1 Like Save    
terezosa / terriks

Just rewatched 'After Life'. For me it's just such a feel good TV show.

Thank you for reminding me. I watched it months ago, and loved it.

Save    
bpath

We liked Afterlife, too!

We got 25 minutes into Bridgerton and switched over to a Gordon Lightfoot documentary, and preferred that. Bridgerton was too “Austen-y” for us.

We are exploring our Fire stick, seeing what’s where and if we can tolerate the way they do commercials.

1 Like Save    
Lucille

Last two I watched were Queen's Gambit and Bridgerton, loved both of them.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

It's interesting, alisande, what I've see from Coben is similar to what I've seen with a few other authors. I don't know why, and maybe it's different with different individuals. Do they get bored? Do they lose the mojo and clever magic touch they had when younger, or do they get complacent and put less effort into their work?

Whatever it is, the three who come immediately to mind in this way are Coben, John Sandford, and Robert Crais. I don't read any of their works anymore, I think the quality has fallen off too much. All of these guys created compelling characters and stories in their early years but their later works fall short of their own prior standards. Who I think this HASN'T happened to, and who I think have continued to produce works at a consistent level, are both Michael Connelly and Lee Child (who is transitioning to retirement and has passed the mantle of the Reacher series to his brother, also an author). With the Reacher series, time will tell.

3 Likes Save    
chisue

Yes, we liked "Blow The Man Down", too, Alisande. Were you surprised to see one of the stars from "The Americans" without her Russian handlers? haha

We're about to finish Season 1 of "The Mill" and will go on to Season 2. (Amazon)

1 Like Save    
lily316

I watched Queen's Gambit and liked it a lot. I didn't think I would since I'm not a chess player but I'd rate it excellent. I also watched the documentary on Schitts Creek where all the cast members talk about the show and their characters. Since I'm not a comedy watcher, I never thought I would love Schitt's Creek as I do. The docu was a tear-jerker as the whole cast was crying. We want MORE. Daniel Levy is so good that ABC hired him to produce some shows. I guess the Canadians knew a good thing while the rest of us were in the dark till Netflix bought Schitts Creek and now it's a worldwide phenomenon. The cast never believed how beloved the show turned out to be so I am sure there will be sequels or a follow-up movie. Bring it on. It appeals to every generation. My grandson bought his girlfriend all sorts of paraphernalia from Rose Apothecary for Xmas.

2 Likes Save    
lisaam

Crash Landing on You is a Korean series on netflix, rom-com style but quite good if you're ok with subtitles. It was recommended and we were slightly skeptical but got about a month of happy bingeing.

We're now watching Succession on hbo. Completely different vibe but compelling.

1 Like Save    
whatsayyou18

Lily, I gifted DD a T-shirt for Christmas that read, "Ew, David!". Best. Gift. Ever. :)

2 Likes Save    
Alisande

Chisue, I also saw her in Uncle Frank. She's a busy actor!

Save    
lily316

whatsayyou....How many times did Alexis say that in six seasons?...lol. I LOVE his face. My grandson among other things, gave the girlfriend wooden spoons which said "fold what?" with pics of David on one and Moira on the other.

3 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

We are exploring our Fire stick, seeing what’s where and if we can tolerate the way they do commercials.

How commercials are done is dependent on which streaming service/app you are using, as are captions, fast forward, rewind, etc. For example Amazon Prime Video vs Hulu or YouTube.

Save    
Olychick

Alisande, if you never got beyond episode 1 or 2, maybe 3, you never got to the good Schitt's Creek. Like you, I decided to check out what all the hype was about and just couldn't get into it. I tried again, at the urging of a friend who has very similar taste in comedy to me and made it to episode 4 when I fell head over heels in love with this show and Daniel Levy! I never cared for Eugene Levy's humor in movies at all, so I was a bit skeptical of his connections to this show. But it is truly one of the most terrific TV shows I've ever enjoyed.

Try again and stick with it for a few more episodes.

4 Likes Save    
bpath

Oly, I can’t remember how many Schitt’s Creeks we watched, maybe we didn’t go far enough? But we just couldn’t keep on. And DH is Canadian, he usually will watch anything in Canada! Maybe, one day . . .

2 Likes Save    
lily316

Oly... move over. I am crazy about Daniel Levy. I remember his father and Catherine back in the 70's on SNL and Second City. They even dated briefly but played many roles together. That's why the series clicked along with Daniel's talent.

1 Like Save    
AbbyJoy

Mmm, Rectify from 2013, on Netflix. Slow character driven series set in middle Georgia, about a thoughtful 19year old getting out of prison for a crime he probably didn't commit, and his reentry into small town life. Great acting, music and characters. I thought it was really special.

3 Likes Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

I don't have Netflix. Do you watch it on your tv? I know nothing about it but think I might enjoy it. What does it cost?

Save    
AbbyJoy

It's a TV subscription service, I think about $16 each month? I believe you can get a free trial for a month, and a relative or friend can add you to their group. Your TV has to be connected to the internet. It has lots of old and new series and movies, I think it's a great value.

Save    
Jasdip

We couldn't get into Schitt's Creek at all. But then I don't like comedies. I find most comedies just stupid and not funny at all.

I watched the latest Robert deNiro movie War on Grandpa and I thought it was silly.

Save    
lisaam

AbbyJoy Rectify was really good. Yes wonderful acting and more appreciation for how difficult to reacclimate to free society.

1 Like Save    
nhbaskets

Just finished Imposters on Netflix. Two seasons with a lot of plot twists. Loved The Queens Gambit and Bridgerton. just started Call the Midwife which is 9 seasons. That should keep me busy!

Save    
maddiemo

I see Last Tango In Halifax has already been mentioned. Coming from the U.K. I’ve watched every series. Every one is exceptional. Highly recommended.

1 Like Save    
Olychick

Sal, regarding Netflix, I don't have a TV but watch it from my computer..you just sign into their site and choose what you want to stream. I am signed on to a friend's account as a guest and so it's free for me! If you have friends or family members who would let you used their sign-on and password, you can check it out for free if you don't want to get your own account.

Save    
terezosa / terriks

We really liked Counterpart on Amazon Prime. Sort of a SciFi spy thriller. But not too heavy on the SciFi.

I was surprised how much I liked Upload, also on Prime.

The Umbrella Academy on Netflix was also good.

1 Like Save    
Kathsgrdn

My daughter told me to watch Emily in Paris this past week, so I did. I liked it but it probably appeals to young people more than my age group or older. The chef dude is super cute, though. I started Schutt's Creek yesterday. Not sure about it yet. Still waiting for more episodes of You and Dead to Me.

1 Like Save    
Alisande

Oly, I probably will give it another shot. It's totally unlike me to expend any effort to like a TV show (or even a book) that I've decided doesn't appeal to me, but so many people have raved about this show to me. If there's a chance I'll feel the same way, I don't want to miss out!

1 Like Save    
lily316

Give it time. You'll love it. I wasn't crazy about it at the very beginning but grew to love the cast members and their quirkiness. My daughter who watches very little TV clued me on to it and when it swept the Emmys winning nine awards, I started. It's a lot of shows...six years' worth. Carol Burnett said it was the funniest show ever and she should know because I always thought she was the funniest woman on TV. .

3 Likes Save    
caflowerluver

I've tried to like Schitt's Creek, but haven't succeeded so far. This is the first time I've actually put some effort into trying to like a TV show, but I've done so because I know so many people who absolutely love it. I don't know why the show doesn't appeal to me.

Alisande - We feel the same way. We watched 3 episodes and just couldn't get into it. We didn't like the characters and thought the writing was not the best. We never laughed nor could we see the humor. I guess it is just us.

The one we did enjoy and raved about was Queen's Gambit. I wish there were more shows that were as well done as that one. We are also watching Man in the High Castle. It slowly drew us in. We don't binge watch so it will take awhile to watch all 4 seasons. It is loosely based on a Philip K. Dick's novel of the same name. It has a dystopian scenario which can be depressing, but thought provoking. We are also watching the current season of The Crown. Not as well done as the previous seasons IMHO. My son and I are watching The Expanse. One of the better science fiction tv series.

1 Like Save    
sjerin

This is only an amazon movie, but dh and I just watched Knives Out; it was pretty entertaining with no gore whatsoever.

1 Like Save    
bpath

Death to 2020 on Netflix! Not a series but definitely worth a watch.

1 Like Save    
sephia_wa

OMG, Schitts Creek, such a hoot of a show! I'm so sad there won't be any more seasons. A friend raved about it so I tried it, and just couldn't get into it. She said to try a couple more episodes, and I'm so glad I did.

I just finished Unorthodox. I thought it was really good.

3 Likes Save    
lily316

So tonight I watched two different Netflix movies. The one with Kerry Washington was called American Son and she also acted in it on Broadway. Very good acting and very relevant. The other was a 180 degrees away. It was called Hush. A deaf woman stalked by a killer in her house. Yikes!

Save    
pudgeder

Enola Holmes. On Netflix, not a series but I found it delightful!

2 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

I just recently discovered Counterpart on Prime too. It's really, really well done and engaging - if you like thrillers - with excellent acting and writing. There's some violence, but it doesn't seem gratuitous. IMDB.com has many, many rave reviews for it and I think it got something like 8+ stars.

I loved Unorthodox! And there's also a little documentary about the making of it that's fascinating.

Has anyone else enjoyed Tales From The Loop? We loved it. It's sci-fi, but not a space opera - truly speculative fiction with each episode like a chapter in a book with marvelous production, beauty and poignancy to the stories revolving around the various characters. I thought it was beautiful.

Loved After Life too - it made me an even bigger fan of Ricky Gervais.

Vanity Fair is another series I greatly enjoyed on Prime.

Save    
Debby

We're caught up with Wentworth on Netflix and now are watching Wanted on Netflix: both are Australian dramas and very good.

Save    
graywings123

I just finished watching Rectify which was on from 2013-2016. It was magnificent, and the lead actor, Aden Young, was mesmerizing to watch. He is Australian, and I had never seen him in anything before. I am in awe of writers who can create such stories.

On the other hand, I also just finished Bridgerton, and other than the eye candy of Regé-Jean Page, I found it boring, predictable, and shallow. I can't believe it is getting relatively good reviews.

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

new ones have been added to "Cobra Kia". I've ben watching " A Man with a plan" its a series and pretty good. Kind of like Tool time. Virgin River is good also. A new season started last month. Is Grace & Frankie coming back in Jan?

1 Like Save    
nannygoat18

@carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b, since I loved Unorthodox, I will give Counterpart a shot although it's quite a deviation from our usual fare.

Reviews say that it wrapped up in two seasons. leaving it open for a third with another network. Since I loathe non-endings, do you think it would be disappointing?

I envy those who have not yet watched "The Queen's Gambit" or "Rectify." Add "Unbelievable" to the list. For those who have Hulu, "Mrs. America" is spell-binding. Even though I lived through that period, it enabled me to experience it through a very different lens.

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

I'm only on the 3rd episode of Counterpart - it is definitely more dark and violent than my usual fare.

Almost forgot to add that I enjoyed The Politician as well. It's operatic - and Bette Midler's in it 😊

Save    
MiMi

For those who have Hulu I really enjoyed The Tomorrow Man with Blythe Danner and John Lithgow.

Save    
lily316

I'm like people here who aren't as crazy about Schitt'sCreek as I am. Tonight we watched Bridgerton and I didn't like it and won't continue. I know others love it. To each his own , I guess.

1 Like Save    
wednesday morning

I have found the offerings on Netflix to be quite lacking recently and I find much more on Amazon Prime.

I tried Shitts Creek for two good tries but could never get into it.

The theme of serial killers, crime and the paranormal seem to dominate so many of the offerings. Sometimes you get them all in one package. That can be intriguing but enough is enough!

It was excited to catch Bridgerton but lost interest in it and turned it off.

I am so tired of watching stuff! Sure many are.

Hubs and I had never watched Breaking Bad, so we made it our binge watch and have been enjoying it. Somewhat unrealistic that the characters can be so resilient but makes for good entertainment anyway.

I am waiting for Shamless new season to be finished airing so that I can just binge it. I got caught up in that and have enjoyed it.

The Americans was good. I would like to see more of those folks.

Save    
jrb451

Netflix’s “Death to 2020” offers a comedic retrospective of the year we’re glad to have in the rear view mirror.

1 Like Save    
chisue

We loved "Counterpart" and would have watched a third season. I can see why it was dropped, though, as it is quite 'dark'. When I see the lead actor in the insurance commercials I can't help but think about *wasted talent*. At least he's employed!

We're not enjoying Season Two of "The Mill" as much as the first season, but will persevere. (It's still good, just not *as* good.)

Save    
nannygoat18

I appreciate the "Counterpart" feedback. Will save for post-pandemic times.

"Halt and Catch Fire", the "best show that nobody watched", captured the verisimilitude of the computer age with a stellar cast and plot. Every episode is to be savored and the casting and plot are flawless.

Another Schitt's Creek drop out here. 😟

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

J.K.Simmons (the lead in Counterpart) was in Palm Springs, which came out this year. I saw him in that movie and those commercials and before I saw this series and I am now very impressed at the talent he has.

Loved Schitt's Creek because I love Catherine O'Hara - she's a comic genius, IMO. I found it before it blew up. Anything with Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara in it is my cup of tea, for sure. Anybody else a fan of A Mighty Wind and the other Chris Guest films?

The rest of the cast was fantastic too. It got a bit mushy towards the end, tho.

Save    
Jasdip

'You' is a popular show on Netflix. It's a psychological thriller and I'm going to check it out this afternoon.

ETA: Not for me. It's stupid.

Save    
lily316

I watched YOU a year ago and loved it. My son just watched it and liked it too.

1 Like Save    
nekotish

We loved Schitt's Creek, but I think we started it 3 times before we got hooked. We're enjoying Harlen Cobin's Stranger right now. My DH keeps saying "are we supposed to know what is going on?" I assure him that we're not and we're good for another episode...

1 Like Save    
Olychick

I tried 'Death to 2020' but think I am still suffering PTSD from it...too early for me to be able to laugh at it. Maybe in 5 years.

Save    
Jasdip

Lily, Really??? The guy narrating his obsession for the woman? In that case, I'll have to try it again.

1 Like Save    
Debby

We loved "You". It reminded us a bit of Dexter and they even referenced that in the show. Schitts Creek took me two tries as well. I never really gave it a good chance when it first started airing on tv. Then a friend near DC told me she loved it so I thought, "well, if an American can love a Canadian made tv show, I'll have to try again" and was sad when it ended. :)

2 Likes Save    
nannygoat18

@Olychick, I found it profoundly unfunny and stopped watching after a few minutes. It just made me realize how much I want to forget☹️

1 Like Save    
palisades_

We plan to watch Anna Karenina (1997) on Amazon, the movie is based on Leo Tolstoy's novel in 19th-century Russia. I’m going to read the novel too.

Save    
lily316

Jasdip...Give 'You' a chance. It IS a lot like Dexter. Grim but kinda funny. It's like Schitt's. It grows on you. I think he's cute.

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

I didn't like You or Schitt's Creek.

Save    
AbbyJoy

Ooh, I thought of another - the Leftovers on HBO. 3 seasons. It's a drama focused on the family members who are left after an unexplained event that caused 2% of world's population to suddenly vanish. It can be deep, sometimes dark and sad, surprising, and also hopeful and funny. Great actors - Justin Theroux (yum), Carrie Coon, Regina King, and characters you care about. I loved it.

ETA, from a Georgian up late watching Election returns :-)

Save    
fran1523

Im liking Unbelievable on Netflix. Kims Convenience is light and frothy 20 mine show also on Netflix. Never Have I Ever was also a good coming of age series about an American Indian girl Agree with a lot of other choices: schists creek, Unorthodox, Qkueen's Gambit,

Save    
sushipup1

Here's the list of what's new to Netflix in January and what's going away.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/new-movies-shows-netflix-january-2021_l_5fe1003bc5b6a7df6666ff15

Save    
JoanMN

Has anyone mentioned "Godless" on Netflix? I have watched it twice, I loved it so much. Absolutely wonderful show, imo.

1 Like Save    
lily316

When I get bored or need my mood improved, I have begun watching Schitts Creek again. Even funnier the second time around.

4 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Oh man - I'm at the end of season 1 of Counterpart and I must report it's so dang bloody! But I so want to know what happens. The plot is terrific.

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

Man with a plan is funny, its good series

Save    
graywings123

Speaking of Man With A Plan, with Matt LeBlanc, I believe his best work was in Episodes. He plays himself. And not a good version of himself.

Save    
dedtired

Has anyone mentioned. Bridgerton? It’s great! Worth watching just to see The Duke of Hastings with his shirt off. it’s really very entertaining and not only for the hunky Duke.

1 Like Save    
Alisande

I found out recently that Amazon Prime has all five seasons of Eureka, a fairly light sci-fi series. I started watching it years ago, when I first had Netflix, and enjoyed it. I stopped watching when I took a hiatus from Netflix, but I have no idea how far I was into the series. Maybe I'll start with Season 3, and see how that goes.

Save    
chisue

Try "Nobody From Nowhere", an unfortunate title translation from the French for this movie playing on Amazon Prime. (The French title was inexact, too.) It's French, so be *patient*. We loved it.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I'm thinking about languages today, sorry.

"Un Illustre Inconnu" literally would be A Notable Unknown Man (a notable male stranger or simply unknown person if used as a generality)

Literal translations are often not used, for whatever reasons.

A French TV show I like is called "Spiral" in English. In French, it's "Engrenages" which means gears. Screws have spirals, gears have teeth. It doesn't matter.

Save    
ghoghunter

On Netflix I enjoyed The Crown, Bodyguard, and Travelers. My fav of all time is on Prime..Midsomer murders! I also love Vera and Shetland!

Save    
Alisande

Ghoghunter, I loved Midsomer Murders when I watched about half of it on Netflix years ago. Thanks for reminding me it's on Prime!

Save    
chisue

We'll sample the new version of "All Creatures, Great & Small" this week. I'm afraid it may be too 'Hallmark', but then, maybe we wouldn't enjoy the original as much today as we did when it was new fifty years ago.

1 Like Save    
lisaam

Sushipup thanks for that list . I'm happy to see that there will be a 4th season of the French series, "Call My Agent". The first 3 were lots of fun and an opportunity to practice my weak french (subtitles).

1 Like Save    
Alisande

I finished Season 2 of Virgin River last night. I liked it, and some of you might like it too, but the show is definitely soap-opera-ish, and it can be frustrating when some of the characters do stupid things and the plot pushes the bounds of reality. Still, I found it good escape watching, and hope they produce a Season 3.

Save    
lily316

Because of how Virgin River ended, I am sure there will be a third season. My daughter and I were discussing this yesterday...how soap opera-ish it is. So Hallmark like movie and I never watch them. I finished it and she had a few more to watch but we both think it's kinda stupid but at least it takes one's mind off awful events happening in real life. Scenery is outstanding, so is the male lead.

2 Likes Save    
Alisande

Lily, sometimes I pause the scenery shots so I can drink it all in. So far I haven't done that with closeups of the male lead, but I'm not ruling it out. :-)

3 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

We just finished watching La Révolution on Netflix (French with English subtitles). It's a reimagining of the French Revolution with undead nobles.

Save    
isitdoneyet

Normal People on Hulu was so good both my daughter and I loved it. Also enjoyed The Duchess, The Twelve, and Criminal, on Netflix.

Save    
AbbyJoy

I admit watching good TV is one of my favorite hobbies, and I look forward to checking out these recommendations. I second Episodes with Matt Lablanc. I also loved Enlightened on HBO with Laura Dern, quirky character and heartwarming.

I also enjoyed Jimmy Carter Rock n Roll President on Netflix (I'm a Georgian) and the documentary Crip Camp, a great story about birth of disability rights movement.

Save    
Debby

We watched all three seasons of Yellowstone this past weekend. It stars Kevin Costner as a rancher who ruthlessly fights to keep investors from taking his land. A LOT of violence but it's really good. Normally not my cuppa tea but I now can't wait for season 4.

ETA: On Amazon. :)

Save    
Jasdip

Debby, I've got some FB friends who adore that show. I tried watching the first episode but couldn't get into it. I must try again.

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Just an FYI, but here in the states, you have to pay to view Yellowstone, even with Amazon Prime.

Save    
lily316

Am I the only person who didn't like Bridgerton after one episode? I feel like I am.

Save    
martinca_gw sunset zone 24

No you’re not. I and several friends agree it’s a very poor wanna be of PBS. I have no issue with the historically inaccuracy of diverse cast...I get and approve of that slant. It’s just a yawner, and disappointingly not sexy. Too little tension, too get on on quick. Just silly, IMO. .i did watch about 5 episodes. So disappointed. .

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Tastemakers Take a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Netflix’s ‘Grace and Frankie’
Set decorator Beauchamp Fontaine explains the design decisions behind the home sets featured in the new Netflix series
Full Story
Fun Houzz 15 Cool Rooms and the TV Shows They Want You to Watch
Get nestled in with the fall 2014 premieres, some old favorite shows and a coordinating nosh
Full Story
Tastemakers Binge on Design With a New Documentary Series
‘Abstract: The Art of Design’ profiles some of the top creative thinkers of our time
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More