SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skippitydodah

Yellow leaves on Meyer Lemon Tree

skippitydodah
3 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have a potted Meyer Lemon tree that is one year old. I live in the state of Illinois in the U.S. I had the tree outdoors all summer and moved it inside about 1-1/2 months ago as it is winter here. The tree is planted in espoma organic potting soil with a fair amount of sand mixed in. I have good drainage. I have been watering the tree approximately once every week and half. I use a moisture meter and only water it when the top 4" of soil read 3 to 4 on the meter. The tree did drop about half of it's leaves over the last month but it did the same thing last year so I wasn't too concerned. I did re-pot the tree about 2 months ago as it had grown quite a bit over the summer. Back in September the tree had flowers and two lemons which never did turn yellow so I removed them after I moved the tree inside.

Right now the tree has flowers coming in. I have been using Jacks Citrus Feed for the last year with good results. Now in the winter I am using it more lightly than i did in the summertime.

My concern is yellow leaves. I am attaching photos of the leaves. I tested the PH and it was 6.5-7.0. Any suggestions as to my problem? My thanks to you for any help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!