anniedeighnaugh

Smile today - 12/20

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago

Comments (22)

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Summer vacation was over and the teacher asked Little Johnny about his family trip. "We visited my grandmother in Minneapolis, Minnesota."

The teacher asked, "Good, can you tell the class how you spell that?"

Little Johnny thought for a few seconds and said, "Actually, we went to Ohio."

• aok27502
    3 years ago

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Keeping with the Christmas theme

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    3 years ago

LOL!! eld6161, try telling that to any friends or family that have a Christmas time birthday and see how far that flies!!

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

• dedtired
    3 years ago

Jasdip, that’s so funny.

Snow fort, 2020 style.

• buccos4vr
    3 years ago

Davey Crock-cat, king of the wild frontier !! Susanwv

• nicole___
    3 years ago

• Rusty
    3 years ago

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    3 years ago

Rusty, that is hysterical!!

• liira55
    3 years ago

• kathyg_in_mi
    3 years ago

• jemdandy
    3 years ago

To: eld6161

I understand exactly. I have a December birthday. When a child, I'd sometimes get a gift around Dec. 15 with the message, "This is for your birthday and Christmas."

However, this was understandable considering circumstances. I was living in an economical depressed location. The year was 1941. People were having trouble making ends meet and gift giver was not a member of my family.

• kathyg_in_mi
    3 years ago

My DD's birthday is December 6. She asked me if I just pulled out one of her Christmas presents and wrapped it in b'day wrap. I told her, "Of course not!"

(Of course I did, but my son born November 29 never asked that!)

• Judy Good
    3 years ago

Mine is December 29 and many times they also said, oh that is for your Birthday also. I hated it! Also hated my Birthday in Christmas wrapping paper. Of course I am over that now that I am old. But it hurt as a child.

• amylou321
    3 years ago

My birthday is January 4th and I got that all the time......I could tell that my siblings got more presents than me under the tree. It was obvious they held some back for my birthday. Oh well, at least I got presents.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Amy, I don’t understand giving siblings a different number of gifts.

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

My father's birthday is 12/25. We always get him both a birthday gift and a Christmas gift. We celebrate his birthday at breakfast.

• desertsteph
    3 years ago

my dd's BD is Dec 8. BD and Christmas were separate. I always made sure the kids got the same number of gifts from us (and Santa) - at least until some became teenagers and things were larger / more expensive. the little ones might have gotten 1 gift more but something smaller / much less expensive.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

My DD was born in late December too. Her birthday presents were always wrapped as birthday presents. I spent the same amount of money on birthdays for her and her brother. I always tried to choose special presents for each child. Still when she grew update she said there were noticeable differences. Most of them had nothing to do with me. One was the weather was always too cold to have her party outside which was her favourite thing to do. The other was that her friends were often too busy with family to be able to have the party on her birthday day. Another thing that I could do nothing about. We just planned the party for a week later if her friends were busy. She said all in all she felt that the gifts were fair.

She thought that I baked and decorated better cakes for her brother who has a mid May birthday. I never thought so but maybe I was a bit exhausted so simplified my design on the cakes. Kids can be so sensitive to this stuff even if it has nothing to do with how you feel about them.

As an adult she understands that things can never be exactly fair and even. Now she says maybe her brother needs and needed very special cakes because of his illness.

I won't be able to see my daughter at all for Christmas or her birthday. It will be hard but we have chosen the hard but safe route through this pandemic.

Happy birthday to those of you celebrating this December. May you find a way to make it special for yourself and family.

• joyfulguy
    3 years ago

Mother in law was not enthused about having a birthday on Dec. 26.

Juneroses, your vacuum didn't ship your dirt into many of your neighbours' ears, though.

December 1941 is an important time in U.S. history, for other reasons isn't it, jemdandy.

ole joyful