Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof! Which one are you?

amylou321
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Christmas character.
I am several, depending on the day.
Sometimes I am for sure Buddy the elf. I love Christmas, decorations, and smiling. Smilings my favorite. At work, when people from other departments call me,I do answer the phone "Amy the elf, whats your favorite color?" 😃 A driver once walked in on me while I was wrapping the ceiling tiles. He laughed and said it reminded him of that scene in Elf when Buddy was lurking around his job at the store in the dead of night decorating and transforming it into a Christmas wonderland. It was one of the better compliments I received.
Sometimes I feel like Clark Griswold. Usually when I am at work. I feel like I am trying so hard to make Christmas fun and festive for everyone,but there are people seemingly intent on making it difficult,even while benefiting from my efforts. And yet, I prevail......Despite all the Cousin Eddie's and Aunt Bethanys around me.😠
Other times, i feel like the Ghost of Christmas Present. I can't explain why exactly. I suppose because SO,who had never seen a single version of a Christmas Carol, told me that I was his Ghost of Christmas Present after sitting and watching the Muppet Christmas Carol with me one night. He had dismal Christmases growing up, and he said i managed to show him how great it could be,while acknowledging that I understand why it's not as magical for him as it is for me. I was surprised at him telling me this. He's not a very expressive man...
Today I feel like Frosty the Snowman. I drank a whole quart of eggnog and I feel like today we share the same figure......
I always inwardly giggle when people tell me they are a "Scrooge" or a "Grinch." Why? Because while they are trying to express their disdain for the season, they seem to have forgotten how those stories end......
So, who are you? Are you Rudolph, tasked with saving Christmas? Are you Charlie Brown,trying to find meaning in the season? Are you Ralphie, doing whatever he did? (I dislike that movie, so I have no insight on it,haven't watched it in decades) Or are you like me, Buddy and Clark and my favorite Ghost of Christmas, trying to have fun and spread joy? Or are you a "start of the story" grinch or scrooge? Or an "end of the story" grinch or scrooge? Maybe you're max the dog, just putting up with a grinch.....

Comments (19)