SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

Personalized dog and cat aprons for Christmas gifts

My son's fiancée is a huge cat lover, and has two black cats, Viktor and Vinnie. One of the items on her Christmas wish list was a cat apron. I thought no problem there must be tons of cute cat aprons available. However, after a quick search on Amazon, it seemed that some of the cuter ones were of dubious quality.

So, I decided to make one, thinking that it would be easy to find cute cat fabric. I was wrong again. I came home from the craft store with two plain aprons, one black and one white. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with them, or which one to use.

Then I remembered that I had bought sheets of fabric that can be printed on directly on my inkjet printer, and I thought how cute would an apron be with her cats on it! I asked my son to send me some pictures, and got my graphic designer daughter to erase the background. I appliqued the cats' picture so it looks like it's coming out of the pocket, and added some fiberfill to make them dimensional. I used some black and white plaid for a border and used it to replace the plain tie straps.

Now I still had a black apron which I was going to return to the store, until I thought of my other son's wife - they recently adopted a white dog. Perfect to go on the black apron!

Here they are:

Comments (18)