SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marythemommy

Lighting for L-shaped island with bar?

Mary TheMom
3 years ago

We're undergoing massive reno so there are a ton of decisions to be made on the fly. Suddenly, we need to choose lighting for the L-shaped island/with built-in bar (41" height). We originally planned to wait until the island was in place before deciding what the lighting should look like. But, of course, the electrician needs to get the wiring done before we can close up the ceilings and we'll need to install new lighting soon after.

We're ripping out a load-bearing wall and moving support beams into the attic to combine our small u-shaped kitchen and the weird room next to it to give us a large L-shaped kitchen that is open concept with the living room.

We're keeping almost all of the existing cabinetry and countertops and the "peninsula" formerly attached to the removed wall will now be an island in its new location.

The finish on the cabinets (light taupe) and the granite countertops are staying the same. The new backsplash will be a light gray 4"x18" glass subway tile. The island front (65" length) and the right side of the island(~48" length) have an 11" deep bar top that is 41" in height.

All the appliances will be stainless steel. The dining room light has a heavy rectangular light fixture with pillar "globes" that I love.

The new kitchen will be about 12'x19' with only 8' ceilings. The front of the island is about 5 1/2" wide. The countertop height is 36" and the bar height is 41". There will be recessed/can lights everywhere but I want (2?) pendant lights over the island. I'm thinking something like this but in brushed nickel?

PLEASE HELP!! How many pendants? What size? Where can I find them in my budget? (<$150/ea) Should I be looking at something else entirely? TIA!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!