SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jtoz1234

Kitchen layout design for new build

jbeth joy
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are building a new home and just broke ground. I need to start working on kitchen layout and get that settled soon. So far I know I want the range (it will either be 36" or 48") on the right wall (pantry wall). The sink will be going on the exterior wall with an 8' window above it. I will have an additional prep sink in the coffee bar which will be in the dining area. Do I put the double oven on the south wall with the fridge or next to the pantry on the sink wall? We will have 2 dishwashers, one on each side of the sink so that is also a consideration. Also, even though the architect drew the cabinets on the exterior wall (north side) into the dining, I will be cutting that back and putting a window in the dining area. That run of cabinets will either be 12' or 14'. Also, is the 5' in the pantry wide enough? I plan on just having shelves on one wall since it is so crazy long! (That was actually a mistake that both the architect and I decided was kind of awesome! I'm thinking about adding a second fridge in there and a Costco door from the garage which is on that wall (east side). I welcome ideas and realize a few details are missing as this is the 95% plan but just know that they general home layout is now set as the foundation has been poured!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County