SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_368903710

Kitchen layout for a new build

Kate
3 years ago

We are currently in the design phase of a new build and are trying to decide what the best layout would be for our kitchen? Attached is the current layout, however, I am not loving the placement of the appliances and sink. I'm leaning towards having the 48" gas range centered along the back wall with a large hood above, the kitchen sink and dishwasher in the island, and eliminating the wall oven and moving the fridge to that spot. I've also considered moving the main sink to the wall with the fridge and just leaving the prep sink in the island and possibly having the fridge on the back wall. You'll also notice that the architect has placed high transoms along the back wall to let in natural light, but I have not yet found a picture of a kitchen with high transoms that I like, so I would love to hear any advice on that, as well. Since the dining and great room will have large windows facing south

, I feel like the kitchen will get a decent amount of light without the transoms...but maybe I'm wrong in thinking that. Your advice and/or ideas are much appreciated! Thanks, Kate

Comments (28)