SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deestacy

1937 Kitchen Renovation - Like Exposed Brick we Found but Need Advice

deestacy
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello. We renovated our 1937 kitchen in our Cape Cod outside DC in June. We were going to put white subway tiles with a dark grout as the backsplash but found brick and terracotta when we took off the old cabinets. Now I'm not sure what to do as I like the brick look and the warmth (our floors are original pine with a orange color). I will be doing a slide in range and need a backsplash all the way to the back porch door. It is a small kitchen (about 12 x 10). Here are pictures before and after. Everything is installed now including the quartz countertop. The grey lines are from the electrical install for the undercabinet lighting and the corner cabinet. Would greatly appreciate backsplash advice. I'm sure putting a white subway tile would look great but I've been looking at these walls for 3 months now and the brick is growing on me and everyone who comes by loves the look. The exposed brick/terracota is bumpy and uneven and not all the way across. Also, there is a space between the counter and the wall so right now I have to be very careful about liquids not going behind our countertop.

Thank you so much! This is my first Houzz post and appreciate the input.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!