We can do this......

Annie Deighnaugh

SaveComment20Like25
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HamiltonGardener

Millions of men and women in our grandparents generation voluntarily signed up with the military, willing to put their life and limb at risk.

Vaccine companies are struggling to sign up numbers in the thousands of this generation willing to test a vaccine to save the lives of those same grandparents.

Good luck with THAT meme.

Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

YES, I've been doing it for 8 months and think I'll have to continue for at least 4 more months.

5 Likes Save    
seagrass_gw Somewhere

We were hoping to drive to Ohio to see my 88 yr.-old mother in March after the winter weather lifts and maybe bring her back to Cape Cod to stay with us for awhile. Dr. Fauci said this week he's not optimistic about Easter which is the beginning of April, so we'll wait and see. I'm grateful that she is onboard with mask wearing, social distancing, etc. She lives alone and is getting a little squirrely but I call her everyday and we say to each other "we can do this"!! Fortunately she still drives, so can get out a little bit for groceries and takeout.

5 Likes Save    
Lucille

YES, I've been doing it for 8 months

So glad to hear from others who have also chosen to do this for the past 8 months. After ongoing not-well-considered comments by the less thoughtful I'm glad to see that those who value the future for themselves and our country speak up about the values of temporary changes that will help save all of us.

7 Likes Save    
hallngarden

Yes we can. If we get bored with the front porch , we go to the back porch. This is much easier than getting up from the feather bed, going out to milk cow, feed the chickens ,bring in wood; Then we had breakfast and start back out to work in field. Hubs spent 13 months in Korea in Army . So yes, this is one of easiest task we have undertaken . My stolen statement,”we got this”

8 Likes Save    
socks

On March 12, I went home from my volunteer job having no idea that there would be probably at least a full year of restricted contact with others. It would have been overwhelming to have known that back in March. I remember when our governor said we needed to be careful until mid May.

We can do this. It’s relatively easy for my family. For others it’s disastrous.

4 Likes Save    
wantoretire_did

I’ve also been on lockdown due to very low white blood count from chemo. Should be going back up in a few weeks, following final infusion, so that I can get out a little then. We are following all the COVID rules and will until it’s safe to resume a semblance of a normal life. So for now, lots of crochet and Netflix going on here :-)

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yes especially since we now have a line of sight as to when it might end...vaccines in the works with a roll out through spring and summer of 2021. Very different from going off to war, with no known end, and in those days, only communication by letter, and fear of that telegram arriving at your door.

And to think our WWI soldiers went to war during a pandemic!

We got this.

7 Likes Save    
Debby

My parents survived WWII in The Netherlands hiding from violence, bombs and Germans soldiers. They had no tv. No internet. No toys. No sleepovers. No food. No heat.

Self isolating now: they have a big screen tv with cable and Netflix. They have plenty of food and can online shop for groceries if need be. They have the internet for Skype so they can still "visit" with friends and family. They have a beautiful big backyard they can sit outside and enjoy. They have lights and heat.

If people can't see the bigger picture and realize how lucky they are to be able to stay home to keep each other alive, they are the problem.

18 Likes Save    
tvq1

My husband and I have been "hunkered down" since March. Yes, we are tired of it. But we are grateful to have each other, and especially grateful that after 51 years together we still enjoy each other's company! We are luckier than many, as we were able to do a few trips in our RV this summer. It's pretty easy to be safe, as we are totally self contained. Even though we didn't go far--it felt like a real vacation!

The hardest part for me is not being able to see my 90 y.o. Mom. She is in assisted living, and had a positive Covid test about 3 weeks ago. She had very few symptoms and no fever. The biggest worry is she is so isolated, even to the point of being quarantined to her apartment for weeks on end.

I have noticed a significant decline in her cognition. It is heartbreaking to hear her so confused. I talk to her every day and remind her about the "bad flu bug" that is keeping us from visiting. She always says we have to be safe, and that "We can do this!" She is one tough cookie!

8 Likes Save    
dedtired

Trying to stay the course, but some things in life require attention despite the pandemic. I think it’s especially hard for seniors and young people. Seniors only have so many good years left, and youth is fleeting.

However, we do what we have to do, at least many of us are trying.

4 Likes Save    
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

And...my butt hurts.

5 Likes Save    
chisue

DH and I have both just read The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donoghue, which takes place in a hospital in Dublin during the Spanish Flu. No comparison between our lives today and 1918. The chapters are titled, Red, Brown, Blue, Black -- the visible stages of this flu -- that at least one 22 y. o. patient transits to her death in only *hours*.

Have some respect for this virus circulating among us. Stay home. Mask when you must be in public. Wash. Vaccines are coming, unlike 1918.

7 Likes Save    
georgysmom2

Every time I hear someone complain about having to stay home and not being able to socialize or continue their normal life, I think of people in concentration camps and think really? I have no patience for complainers. My biggest concerns are for people who are having difficulty earning a living, paying their mortgage, trying to put food on their table, or trying to school their children.

14 Likes Save    
glenda_al

I HAVE!

2 Likes Save    
whistle_b

It's fairly easy for us since we are retired and don't need much. I'm dreading Christmas because my son and grandchildren won't be coming.

But, I'll be okay! At least we have SKYPE.

1 Like Save    
dedtired

LOL at Jim. Mine, too.

Save    
wildchild2x2

We have mask mandates and social distancing. There are restrictions on businesses. Many schools are closed There are guidelines on co-mingling. Those are facts. But no one is asking the general population to stay in, sit on a couch and be hermits. I live in one of the most restrictive states and counties. There hasn't been any new stay at home order. Why is this stuff being bandied about everywhere? From both sides. I see people protesting "lockdowns" where there are no lock downs. Oh the drama.

Save    
arcy_gw

If only it were true. Fact is many of us are still needing to go to work so the economy survives so those sitting will have food and a future, oh and HEALTH. I wish it weren't too much to ask so many to wear your mask, do what you can to distance, discontinue parties and entertainment. Putter at home, decorate for Christmas!!!

2 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Yes, we can. Unfortunately, a new war is breaking out between Mask

Wearers and No Mast Wearers. Evidently, wars are us. My Grandparents

would be ashamed for sure.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life How Your Landscaping Can Keep Burglars Away
Prevent home break-ins with strategic landscaping and good practices instead of menacing — and maybe less effective — measures
Full Story
Pets 5 Finishes Pets and Kids Can’t Destroy — and 5 to Avoid
Save your sanity and your decorating budget by choosing materials and surfaces that can stand up to abuse
Full Story
Kitchen Design The Cure for Houzz Envy: Kitchen Touches Anyone Can Do
Take your kitchen up a notch even if it will never reach top-of-the-line, with these cheap and easy decorating ideas
Full Story
Our team of residential contractors at Titan General Construction is ready to help you build the home you've... Read More
We are a landscape design firm with one goal in mind; creating an inviting escape in your own backyard. One that... Read More