SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macmex

Green Country Seed Savers/ March and April Meetings

Macmex
9 years ago

Hey folks,

Here's what I put up on the Green Country Seed Savers website, last night. We don't yet have a date for the April meeting. I hope to get that nailed down very soon.

There was such a large turn out for the last meeting we had, that I want to try meeting at Napolis Italian Restaurant again. They have a large meeting room. Though good, our last meeting was so well attended, and the meeting place small, that some of us probably never got a visual of each other!

Here's the text. I'll include the link as well. Comments and suggestions are welcome, either here or there.

George

------------------------------------------------------------

March meeting:
We will hold our next meeting of Green Country Seed Savers on Sunday, March 29 at 2:00 PM. This time I think we'll meet at Napolis Italian Restaurant. Our last meeting had so many people that we should plan on using their meeting room and being able to see everyone at the same time!

Here's a link for the restaurant. Let me know if you need any help with directions.

For this next meeting let's count on coming with information to share on where to obtain good garden seed and varieties, adapted to our climate. Be thinking on this. Also, by this time, if anyone has extra seedlings to share or trade, be welcome to bring them.

www.napolisitalianrestauranttahlequah.com/

April Meeting Idea
For our April meeting I've been talking with a couple of members about the idea of meeting in a park or lawn area and making 5' tomato cages out of concrete reinforcing wire. Of course, this would mainly be for those who want to do this. At the same time we could be sharing seedlings, seed and information. What do you think?

The cost of a 150' role of 5' tall concrete reinforcing wire is a little over $100 for a 150' roll. We can purchase a roll or rolls, depending on demand, and then, each person could pay for the length of wire they use for the cages they make! Many people can neither afford nor use all the cages which would come from a role of wire. But among many, we can do this, saving everyone money. These cages are FAR SUPERIOR to anything one can purchase in a garden center! I personally don't need any more. But I bet there are plenty of people out there who would love to get some!

When I made my cages I purchased the special cutters (bolt cutters) which make fast work cutting this wire. I can bring them. Those who want cages would need to come prepared to haul them home, either flattened out or in tube form.

Read more: http://seedsavingnetwork.proboards.com/thread/100/next-green-country-savers-march?page=1#ixzz3TtnRT5D8

Comment