SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nura_ya

Odd shaped living room layout/decor

nura_ya
3 years ago

Hi,

We are in the process of a whole house renovation of our modern two bed bungalow. What is causing me great difficulty is how to furnish and layout our very odd hexagonal-shaped living room. To be clear we do not currently have any furniture pieces that we are committed to using in the room and all furniture would be purchased new for same. The main features of the room are two large sliding French doors, one leading out to the garden and the other out into an internal courtyard garden. Flooring is a white and grey marble, which is obviously staying. We do not own a TV and I am in no mind to rush out and buy one for the meantime but we may occasionally project movies etc on one of the walls (red arrow on floorplan). The two black arrows with dashed lines is in fact one large door out to the garden, not two windows. Above the living room is the dining area, with kitchen beyond. Main entrance into the room indicated by the black arrow. Please find attached the floor plan and a few photos from different angles. As far as decor, currently I am thinking of painting the living and dining room in quite a strong grey colour as I feel with the size of the rooms and quality of natural light that comes in, that the room can take it, but suggestions very welcome.

Please help, especially with any photos/layout plans of similar shaped rooms.

Thanks

p.s. My design style is probably somewhere in the transitional and mid-century modern look with a touch of eclectic.

Comments (2)